Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

English Tutor for My Kids

Japan With Kids - Forums: Education in Japan: English, Keeping it !: English Tutor for My Kids
By Lanceshields on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 12:48 pm:

Hi parents and educators!
We are American father and Japanese mother and really want our kids to keep up their English for when we go back to the US in the future. Our kids attending Japanese schools makes this hard. I posted last week about my wife and my search for an English tutor for our two children. Unfortunately, we're not getting any responses which makes me think there may be a shortage of tutors in the Tokyo area. We live in Kichijoji and would prefer to have a tutor teach at our house rather than go to one of the language schools. Our oldest is 9 is bilingual but needs help with his reading and writing. Our youngest is four and needs speaking and the basics to get started reading. I'm a native English speaker and do my best teaching them. But when the work schedule gets busy, their study time proves difficult to fit in. Any parents out there who have had a similar experience and/or can recommend a great teacher you've used we'd be really appreciate your help. We are looking for a native English tutor with experience teaching kids in Japan. Also, any tutors who see this please get in contact with us. Apologies for this second post to the forum but we are need of a tutor asap. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Best,
Lance Shields
lance@grandestudio.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: