Return to
Japan With Kids Home Page

Forum Main Page
Keyword Search
New Posts
Last Week

Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Lawyers involved in immigration/human rights

Japan With Kids - Forums: Immigration/visas/re-entry permits/naturalization: Lawyers involved in immigration/human rights
By Francoise Sasaki on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 4:14 pm:

Free legal consultations offered by a voluntary group of immigration lawyers (Gyosei-Shoshi)

Nyukan Tetsuzuki Kenkyukai (Immigration Procedure Workshop) is a voluntary association of nearly 60 Gyosei-Shoshi (immigration lawyers) who specialize in immigration procedures, such as applications for certificate of eligibility, change of status, extension of status, permanent residence, naturalization, invitation of own family, international marriage and divorce, divorce, etc.
Pro bono work: free consultations are offered at the Toyonaka Kokusai Center and on the Internet.

- Schedule:
* The monthly free consultation at Toyonaka.
Date : September 15, 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Place: Toyonaka International Exchange Center 2nd floor (conference room)
3-1-28, Kita-sakurazuka, Toyonaka-shi, Osaka-fu
Phone: 06-6843-4343 Fax: 06-6843-4375
Map :
The consultation is held on the 3rd Friday of the month.
The consultants of our group will give you proper advice.
No reservation needed. No parking space available.

* free consultations via e-mail:
Date: Aug. 30 and 31, all day
September 4: to 4:00 PM

Please outline your situation.
It usually takes us a couple of days to answer questions.
There may be questions that we won't be able to answer.

Nyukan Tetsuzuki Kenkyukai
(Representative: Tatsuhiro Nakano)

Information Bureau
(postal code) 590-0076
Popy Bldg.1F,1-2-15, Kitakawara-cho, Sakai-shi, Osaka-fu
Phone: 0722-32-9364 Fax: 0722-24-1236
Director: Yukiko Enomoto (in Japanese)
E-mail :

For further information, please contact:
Shinji Tatsumi (person in charge)
E-mail :

Francoise Sasaki

(moderator's note: although this is in Osaka, they may be helpful to people afar via email)

By Alfred Weinzierl on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 2:40 pm:

I thought it a good idea to introduce myself before answering more questions. The name's Alfred Weinzierl, in Japan for 17 years. I was a volunteer during the Kobe earthquake and am presently executive director of A-Un. This office was established with the human rights lawyer Mr. Takashi Ikeda and we're busy helping people with visa, marriage, divorce, criminal, civil and other problems. We usually give foreigners a discount and have been quite successful. I also worked as a police interpreter but am now fully involved in A-Un ( I don't like the police much anyway ). If anybody in the Kansai area needs asistance they can call me at 090-1227-3644 or at 06-6136-1816 on Tuesdays and Fridays between 1 and 5:30.

Our email address is
My email address is:
You can also visit us at our office in Minami-Morimachi but please call me to make an appointment. Thanks!

By Alfred Weinzierl on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 2:55 pm:

Immigration lawyers
I am not so sure if trusting an immigration lawyer is such a good idea. At least here in the Kansai area we have quite a few who are only interested in making a quick buck. Many of them are also ex-immigration officers and some are known to tell outright lies. Beware!!!!!

Alfred Weinzierl

By ranma on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 1:07 pm:


If someone would be kind enough to fix the discussion group so that new posts can be added, I can fill you all in on my success/trials/tribulations regarding the spouse visa. In short, I have the visa thanks to some advice from Alfred et al.

Please fix the discussion [discussion group is the "Spouse visas obtained abroad"] and I will post my story there...


Moderator's note: I don't know why this happens sometimes (this is not the first time). Maybe hold down the shift key when hitting the refresh button? Thanks for letting me know; you can always just send a message requesting help or an improvemnet directly to me by using the contact form.

By Admin on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 11:48 am:

Sugaya Immigration Service (Gyoseishoshi Lawyer authorized by immigration bureau)

This website has some information on procedures and policies of Japanese Immigration Office. It includes links to the official immigration web pages in English as well, for example:

Mr. Osamu Sugaya
Tel: 0798(41)5423, from outside Japan +81-798(41)5423
Fax: 0798(41)5424, from outside Japan +81-798(41)5424
Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo, Japan

Unfortunately some of the links to forms go to the official immigration web site, and are unavailable or using acrobat reader .pdf formats that can not be read by some versions of acrobat.

At if you go down to Immigration
you can flip through some .pdf type information. But some is old. Note that for example the Otemachi office no longer exists and that the old information telephone [(03) 3213-8523 ~ 7] number has changed to 03-5796-7112.

By CrcJGuy on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 4:15 am:

I thought I would add that the lawyer mentioned earlier, Takeshi Ikeda, is on the Recommended list of the CRC Japan. He has reportedly done good and honorable work for a couple of foreign parents involved in family law disputes. Not sure if Alfred Weinzierl is still there or not, but someone there does seem to know English. See his recommendation here:

By Robinakira on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 8:25 pm:

My Partner is Japanese, I am English, we registered our sonfs birth in the UK a little over 2 ½ years ago, my Partner was going through the end of her divorce at the time.

in order for our son to embrace both parts of his family history we wanted to register him in both Japan and the UK, the UK was not a problem but due to the divorce in Japan my partners ex has to be registered as the male parent (the 300 day rule) we have made MANY enquires through the Japanese Embassy in London and have found them extremely un-helpful in sorting out the problems.

I was hoping that there has been a case similar to ours coming through your office, I understand that there is a piece of international law that states the birth certificate from the country of birth (within recognized countries) is binding for all.

The main issue is in Japan I would have to adopt my own son, being adopted myself Ifm aware of the stigma this would have in a country such as Japan plus no one want to have to adopt their own child.

Can anyone help, please?


Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.