Return to
Japan With Kids Home Page

Forum Main Page
Keyword Search
New Posts
Last Week

Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Family Visitor Visa Options

Japan With Kids - Forums: Immigration/visas/re-entry permits/naturalization: Family Visitor Visa Options
By Caroline on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 2:29 pm:

We are a Canadian couple and we would like to invite my mother-in-law (she is Bolivian) to live with us when we have our second child to benefit from her help. Could anyone tell me if we could have her for a period of more than the standard 3 months usually given to tourists? Any advice would be appreciated.

By Cornelia on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 6:20 pm:

Dear Caroline,

I think that you can probably get her in on a dependent's visa (the same visa that your children are on). It's worth a try. I know people who take a tax deduction for supporting an aging parent (sending money back to their home country to pay for a nursing home for example counts).


By Caroline on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 11:17 pm:

Dependent Visa: Has anyone succeded in sponsoring a parent on a dependent visa? Please share your experience...

By Naveen on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 8:26 am:


I have aged parents in India who are dependant on me. Due to my job, I will not be able to relocate back to India and hence would like to sponsor my parents on a Dependant visa - basically wanted them to stay with me in Japan. is it possible to sponsor parents on a long term dependant visa, what is the process and is there been any instance where folks were able to sponsor ?. Looking forward to the pointers.



By Trupti Gandhi on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 8:07 pm:


i tried to run a search with words "sponsoring parents japan" and "japanese immigration laws" but it did not show up anything really informative... i guess it would be best to consult your company law officer or the organisation who handles it for you and/or your company...

this is all i can think of at the moment. hope you succeed... i know a family who have sponsored their parents but they have their own business here and have got a working visa for the father and a dependent visa for the mother based on the father's... so they get a dual benefit of having the parents here and saving some bucks from tax... :)

will surely ask around and put up more info on this forum... if i find any!!


By Tyng Battista on Sunday, September 4, 2005 - 4:18 pm:

I have my mother staying with me now!! after trying to explain to the immigration officer my situation....anyway, like few of you, I have a mother age 70 and I am her only child, we have to hired a solicitor to help with all the paper works etc... as this is the only way out to get a dependent visa for parents... if you parents are no where near 70, they are not interested because they think that the folks can take care of themselves.

Having 2 child will not entitle you the grant to have parents helping, tried that but again not very helpful from them.

Good luck to all of you trying, I am happy to help answer any further question, if you need advice from solicitor I can ask the one that have helped us if he is keen to try for you.

By Rohan194 on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 10:40 am:


If someone got one month family-visa can it be extended futher?

By Tetutz13 on Thursday, April 5, 2012 - 12:27 am:

is it possible for my mom na makuha ako at dalhin sa japan khit na d pa sya uli umuuwi ng pinas for 23 yrs now? she got her visa last 2010 lang... na traced sya,nahuli being an overstaying but luckily instead of being deported,she got her visa... meron syang anak,highschool na i think,her partner is half japanese,half brazilian... they r not married... hindi din nagwowork ang mom ko cos her partner supports them...

By Admin on Sunday, May 6, 2012 - 4:03 pm:

Sorry, but what language is this? I can't figure out what the question is?

By Tetutz13 on Sunday, May 6, 2012 - 9:53 pm:

is it posible for my mom to get me here and bring me to japan even if she haven't go back here in the philippines for 23 yrs now? she got her visa last 2010... she got traced by the japan police being an overstaying but luckily instead of being deported,he got her visa bcos of her son... half japanese half brazilian.. my mom doesnt work cos her partner supports them... but they are not married...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.