Return to
Japan With Kids Home Page

Forum Main Page
Keyword Search
New Posts
Last Week

Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Immigration Forms

Japan With Kids - Forums: Immigration/visas/re-entry permits/naturalization: Immigration Forms
By Olaf on Tuesday, December 25, 2001 - 9:00 pm:

I just found the following links. Now you can print out the immigration forms and fill them out at home before going to the immigration office.
Nice service, isn't it??

Application for certificate of eligibility

Application for change of status of residence

Application for extension of period of stay

Application for permanent residence

Application for re-entry permit (see the ad-hoc page here)

Application for recognition of refugee status

Application for refugee travel document

Application for permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted

Application for certificate of authorized employment

By Scott Hancock on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 - 3:21 am:

Great tip, Olaf!
And thank you, MOJ BUT-
They made the files in English, but with a Japanese font! If you try to open with a purely English version of Acrobat Reader or Acrobat, you may get an error message about "missing fonts".

Here's a link to Adobe about how to solve this. Note 2 solutions depending on whether you're using Reader or Acrobat full version:


By Tara on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

Just a tip--

If you are applying for a Change of Status of Residence, you do not also need to fill out an Extension of Period of Stay application.


By ocampo on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 3:17 pm:

Hello everyone! A friend of mine quit his job last Feb (his Visa Sponsor) and found another teaching position last May. His questions now are as follows: 1)does he need to have a Change of Sponsor(employment), 2)what are the requirement?, 3)how long will the process be?
Please give some advice.

By Tia Tanaka on Monday, August 1, 2005 - 7:54 pm:

This is great, the online immigration forms. However, I have got a question. I would like to apply for the permanent residence visa. When called up the immigration, they said that they are many forms, abotu 7 pages, and according to them, it can not be found on the web site. They asked us to go there to collect the forms first, because it is gonna take some time to fill them up, it seems. Now, when I check this website posted by Olaf on Dec 25, 2001, it seems there is only 2 pages for the permanent visa application. Can someone confirm this? Or is it really necessary for us to make a trip to Shinagawa first just to collect the forms, and another trip to submit?

Many thanks,

By Caroline on Monday, August 1, 2005 - 9:34 pm:

Hi Tia:

As far as I can remember, there is only one form (maybe 2 pages)for the Permanent Residency application. We filled it out on the day we submitted our application. You do need to have all your other documentation ready to hand-in that day, and if you are applying as a couple (which was our case) both you and your husband need to be present. Hope this helps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.