Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Motorcycle in Japan

Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: Motorcycle in Japan
By Ruud olde Hanhof on Monday, January 5, 2004 - 2:39 am:

Hello,
Me and my Wife are moving to Yokohama in February (for 3 years). I would like to bring my Kawasaki Drifter Motorcycle but our moving company is advising against it. Please share your experiance on moving a motorcycle to Japan and/or any Motor cycle related experiance in Japan. If you own a Motorcyle maybe we can meet after I have moved and gotten some wheels.

Ruud

By Flexscan676 on Monday, January 5, 2004 - 7:56 pm:

It is probably because of the "Shaken" needed for motor vehicles in Japan (similar to "TUV" in Germany) that they didn't advise to bring your bike.
For foreign wheels you may have problems proving that they are safe to drive in Japan, fulfilling all requirements, such as safety, emissions, etc.

I had the same problems when moving out of Japan in the past, and I wanted to move my bike, too (Kawasaki Zephyr 400cc).
The trouble to get the paperwork done was just too much for me, so I skipped it.
(even the light and blinker glasses required marking with "E4" or the like in Germany)

There are many used bikes available in Japan, and as the Japanese are not fancying used stuff, they are considerable priceworthy.

/fs

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: