Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

American Television

Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: American Television
By Nancy Lydon on Thursday, March 4, 2004 - 6:24 am:

Hi - I know this might seem like a crazy posting but my husband and could be relocating from the US to take a work assignment in Tokyo. As a stay at home mom in the US - TV is my lifeline. Is there satellite television available with american shows from NBC - ABC - CBS etc!

Any info would be greatly appreciated

By Shanti on Thursday, March 4, 2004 - 6:37 am:

There is Sky Perfect and here is the link to what they have available: http://www.skyperfectv.co.jp/en/guide/lineup/index.html

They have Fox and show some reruns from other channels, like Friends. Your best bet is to get DVDs of shows as they come out. TV here is pretty awful in my opinion.

By Yuko Kubota on Thursday, March 4, 2004 - 10:27 am:

Cable TV usually covers most of the Skyperfectv channels plus the NHK satelite channels which show a lot of foreign news from various countries. Not all districts have cable and not all cable have the same channels, so if you haven't decided where to live, this is worth considering about. Cable TV also provides internet.

By Julie Hansberry on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 3:13 am:

When we moved to overseas the first time I spent 2 months recording tons of PBS shows for my kids to watch. We then had to purchase a "multi-system" VCR, but it was great. I also had a friend who passed on recordings of prime-time shows that a family member recorded for her and then mailed them once a month....those were awesome as well. Maybe you could find someone who would be willing to do that for you....it was nice seeing the "current" stuff, too....even if it was a month or so later.

By Fuji on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 4:17 pm:

Do we get to watch David Letterman show with the multi-system????

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: