Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Welcome Furoshiki - a free welcoming service

Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: Welcome Furoshiki - a free welcoming service
By Stephanie Schueller on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 4:11 pm:

Are you new to Japan?

Welcome Furoshiki is a free welcoming service for all newcomers. All the info you need in English to start your life in Japan. This is an absolute no-obligation community service, that has been existing for over 23 years. For your warm welcoming visit, call Tokyo/Yokohama/Chiba/Saitama 03-5472-7074 or Kyoto/Kobe/Osaka 06-6441-2584
or e-mail to furoshiki@oakassociates.co.jp

By Bettina McGimsey on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 6:18 pm:

I highly recommend calling this service. The Yokohama representative visited with me a few months after we got here, and I still regularly use the information that she provided. Their packet, which your representative will walk you through, has names and numbers of local doctors, multitudes of pamphlets about sites, maps, info on how to use transportation, info on services like the Foreign Buyer Club, etc. etc. They also include a wonderful little book that has lists of foods in English and Japanese, same with medicines, and a lot of important information on earthquake and disaster preparedness. All of this wrapped up in a furoshiki - Japanese wrapping cloth - along with information describing how to wrap presents with furoshiki. Definitely a good call to make.

By Stephanie Schueller on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 10:13 am:

Thanks Bettina, it is great to get such praise.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: