Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Should we move to Japan?

Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: Should we move to Japan?
By Rosemary Sandbach on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 10:05 pm:

My husband's been offered a job in Tokyo for 2 years & we're in the process of deciding whether to accept (in the UK at the moment). We have 2 daughters age 6 and 9. (I've found the list of schools).
Any comments please eg moving to Japan is great for all the family? Or don't do it!??
Also any suggestions as to where to live & how to go about finding accomodation?
Thanks for any help
Rosemary

By kookaburra on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 10:53 am:

If there is one word to describe Tokyo it must be "fascinating". In 2 years you will learn a lot about Japan and its culture. But it will be quite different to home. Mild winters, hot summers.
There are lots of interesting weekend trips you can do. If your kids went to The British School (highly reccommended) you would find Yoyogi-Uehara very convenient. It is also near Yoyogi Park a nice open space where the kids can bike ride.

By Mindy on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 9:35 am:

We've been living in Japan for 2 1/2 years now and while I've found it a relatively easy place to live, two things that really caught me off guard were 1) the language barrier and 2) the lack of quality health care. The language barrier I can understand. I mean, after all this is JAPAN and their language is Japanese. The lack of quality health care was surprising though. Even with private insurance I have had great difficulty finding quality care and as a result I have taken care of all my preventative treatments each time I return home to the States for a visit.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: