Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Tokyo-American Club

Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: Tokyo-American Club
By Anne Swartz on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 8:03 am:

A friend here strongly advises that we join the Tokyo-American Club. Does anyone know about this club and can tell me more about it? Are there other similar kinds of clubs?

By Karen on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 9:37 pm:

Hi Anne,

The Tokyo American Club is pretty popular with people on expatriate packages here for a year or so. Most long-term residents of Tokyo are not members (to the best of my knowledge). Here is the link to the club:

http://www.tokyoamericanclub.org/

As you can see, membership is extremely expensive and the application process is somewhat complicated.

That said, I have visited the club once as a visitor (well, I sort of snuck in actually) and it was pretty impressive: a nice library, pool and restaurant. It seems like it would be a nice place to meet people.

There are all sorts of hobby clubs in Tokyo, depending on what you're interested in: there's international friendship clubs, flower-arranging clubs, computer user clubs and so on.

Hope this helps,

Karen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: