Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Destination: Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka

Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: Destination: Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka
By Annette Keech on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 12:52 am:

Our family will be moving to Hamamatsu city in January. We have a 4 month old and a 2 year old. Does anyone have any information on residential areas suitable for families. My husband will be working for Yamaha, fairly central I think.
We would like to be near a safe park, shops and possibly a leisure centre. Is there an English speaking community at all? Many thanks, Annette.

By tom on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 10:42 am:

http://www.city.hamamatsu.shizuoka.jp/hamaEng/index.htm

Hi. I was born in Hamamatsu.
Go to the above site, official council site for Hamamatsu city.

Unlike Tokyo, Hamamatsu has lots of nature but also convenience of the city.

Many English speakers and you could almost get anything you want without paying Tokyo price.

Now I live in Tokyo, I hate it.... I know many foreigner lives in Hamamatsu as they work for Yamaha, Honda, Kawai, Suzuki etc.

I do not know if you have any kids, only draw back is no International School in Hamamatsu. But, many public school has foreiner.....

Recommended area is `Sanarudai`, `Yamate`, `Hirosawa`, `Shijimizuka` as it is very nice area with lots of school, parks, lakes. But rather expensive area compared to others. But still lot lot cheaper than Tokyo. Depending on your budget, school needs or work. Good luck.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: