Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Destination: Nagoya

Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: Destination: Nagoya

By Jody on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 5:11 pm:

Hi, I will be moving to Nagoya on the 20th of June. I was excited but as our apartment is slowly emptying out as we sell/throw out our things, I'm starting to get cold feet. I know we'll have a wonderful life there but I'm already homesick for NYC...and I haven't left yet. I have a slew of worries, I'm of half japanese half korean descent but I grew up in the states...I can speak japanese but can't read and write. I'm
afraid people will expect things from me because I look japanese.
I love the food, the cleanliness, the kindness, the safety...I need to make fast friends...Help! Anybody with children, I'm a mother of a toddler girl almost 2, I'm an artist...somebody with the same interests as me, and women of color, I suppose in Japan that means something else, anyway, please help me make my adjustment easier...any playgroups, etc?

By Paula on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 3:29 pm:

My husband is considering a teaching position in Nagoya. We have a Biligual Japanese/English 6yr son that we would be sending to the local elementary school.
If anyone has experiences living there with kids please let me know as I've only ever lived in IchikawaCity/Chiba.

By Helenagg on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 10:58 am:

Hi to you both
I have been living in Nagoya with 2 children, Maddy (4) and Josh (2) for the past 2 years. There are lots of things going on in Nagoya and if you would like more information please feel free to email me directly.
Helen

By Cutiemommy on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 1:39 am:

To all whom will move to Nagoya;

I am a Japanese mother who has a active 9 months old son.
I currently live in Kuwana, Mie where is right next to Nagoya; about 30 minutes by train. I look for an English speaking playmate for my son and we love to hang around for fun.
I also can teach you and your kids Japanese and support your parenting as much as I can.

Hope to see you in the near future.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: