Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Babysitting Services at Vacation Spots

Japan With Kids - Forums: Traveling to/from and in Japan: Babysitting Services at Vacation Spots
By Dawn Matus on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 4:28 pm:

Has anyone out there had experience hiring a short-term nanny/babysitter or using a hotel/resort daycare during a family holiday? We are thinking of Saipan or Guam near-term, and Hawaii down the road, and we would appreciate any general advice about arranging for a babysitter in an unfamiliar place, and any specific recommendations about individual babysitters, babysitter services or resorts/hotels in the places mentioned.

Our daughter is still very young (nearly 1-and-a-half), and it goes without saying that we would like to find care that is both safe and enjoyable for her. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this!

By sarika gupta on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 5:22 pm:

hello dawn matus
we went to guam with kids and stay in pacific island club ideal place for childern even one year old and they were having a baby sitting facility also. you can drop them at 9am to 5pm i am not so sure about timing and they took kids to pool and do other activities also. i think your daughter is eligible for that if you didn't have hotel reservation yet, than go for it and you can enjoy both ways. in saipan also they have branch but don't no about hawaii

By Dawn Matus on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 3:41 pm:

Sarika,
Thank you for the information. If you don't mind me asking, how
old were your kids when you stayed at Pacific Island Club?
Dawn

By Cornelia on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 10:24 am:

All the big resorts in Bali have child care / activity rooms (with air conditioning!) etc. And many even let people not staying at the resort use them! For example if you just want to have a leisurely lunch at one of their restaurants... Sometimes it can be hard to drag your slightly older child (2 and up) away afterwards, because they get royal treatement. Very little kids get one on one care.

The BaliHai Holiday Inn in Tuban (North Kuta, close to the airport) is one where my daughter spend 4 hours once (though she was already 5 years old then). She was begging to go back for several days afterwards. Telling them in advance is a good idea these days. Since the number of tourists is down, they don't always have a full compliment of staff, and need to call someone in (usually a short moped ride away).

We also used a very nice babysitter that the hotel arranged for us, when we stayed on Victoria Island, Canada. She was an older mother (kids grown up) on a list that the hotel concierge kept. That also worked very well. Just ask the hotel in advance, that you are considering using!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: