Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Transportation from Narita

Japan With Kids - Forums: Traveling to/from and in Japan: Transportation from Narita
Related discussion: Japan With Kids - Forums: Moving to and Leaving Japan: Moving To Japan: Narita Airport, to and from
By Leese Johnson on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:28 pm:

Is there something besides the Limosine bus or train to bring someone arriving at Narita to our house?
Our family is coming and we need to meet them at the airport. Walking a long way (i.e. from a train/subway station) isn't an option. I want to meet them, pile them into a van/car and bring them to our house in Shibuya. We need room for a minimum of 3 people.
One option I know of is to take the Limo bus to Shibuya hotel then taxi from there. I'd prefer if there were no transfers, though.
Leese
Any ideas?

By Jellund on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:31 pm:

Leese - if you take the Limo bus to Cerulean Hotel in Shibuya the busstop and the taxi stand there are in the exact same place so you just step off the bus and into a taxi. Also, there is always a hotel receptionist there to help get bags into the taxi.

By Ruchika Vemuri on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:39 pm:

Dear Leese,

There is a shared Cab service offered to Narita. I know it is there in Tokyo as I once checked for pick up from my place in Saitama.

They have a large Van and pick you up from in front of your house and take you to airport.

The only thing is you might have to share it with other people, which if you dont mind, I can ask my friend who regularly uses thsi service.

Or youcould rent a car and pick them, if you can drive and have a licence - I guess taht is pretty obvious huh !

Cheers

ruchika

By Scott Hancock on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:49 pm:

Leese-
Exactly how many people riding back?
How much luggage do they have?
The taxi from Cerrulean would only fit about two big suitcases.

The shuttle I know is at:
http://www.tokyomk.com/eng/e_skyshuttle.html

Lot of detail there to analyze.

By Leese Johnson on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 8:14 pm:

We just have three people to return but they have 4 large bags. I looked at the link and the cost they quoted me was more (one way) than it would cost to rent a van for the whole day. Which is about the same as the cost for one person to take either the train or bus to the airport and all three to return on either.
We may just end up renting a van for a day.
Thanks everyone!
Leese

By Gerald Vogt on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 8:58 pm:

But don't forget that the express way does cost money, too, and I don't think you would want to go to Narita and back on ordinary streets. I think it is something about 2500 Yen one-way.

By Scott Hancock on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:55 pm:

The toll is 2,350 each way to be exact.

Be aware that all the car rental places have one-way deals to/from Narita. Have to book in advance, though. I think they give you 6 hours on that.

You can see Nippon Rent-a-Car's version in Japanese at:
http://www.nipponrentacar.co.jp/narita.htm

Obviously, it's "from" 12,000 for six hours. That's for a tiny car though. For something called "JW" class (I couldn't find it) it's 21,000. And don't forget tax, tip & license. Close to 30,000 by the time you're finished.

Where have I heard that number? Oh, yeah. The taxi "used to" cost that much. Now, you can get flat rate taxi for 19,000.

If you go to the same site as the shuttle and call them for "van taxi", they have very nice vehicles.

Welcome to Japan.

By Sandy Cox on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 1:47 pm:

http://www.heli-express.com/
You can now get from Narita to Tokyo (end point: Shinkiba) by helicopter. Takes 20 minutes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: