Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Pokemon/Nintendo tour

Japan With Kids - Forums: Traveling to/from and in Japan: Pokemon/Nintendo tour
By Massmom on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 11:09 pm:

Hi everyone! We will be travelling in Japan this June with our family including our 10 year old son and 4 year old daughter in June. The 10 year old is your typical video, card collecting junkie. Does anyone know of good destinations that are related to Nintendo, Pokemon, or video games in general? I heard there are plans for a Pokepark but I assume it won't be open by June! Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

By Laurel Seacord on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 10:57 am:

The Pokemon Center is a must, as it has all the Pokemon goods your budget can handle, and more. Open every day except Wednesday from 11am to 8pm, it is a short walk from JR line Tokyo Station and Ginza line subway station Nihonbashi. A map in Japanese (hiragana so the kids can read it!) is at http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/POKEMON/CENTERMAP/HTM.
If your son is also interested in playing the card game, please make contact directly with us via e-mail. If your schedule permits we could interpret for you at the monthly "Free Battle Gym" where kids from all around Tokyo gather to play the game and to trade cards. My 6 year old and I went this Sunday, August 20th, and it was great! More than a hundred kids were there, as well as a good complement of young men and women employed by Media Factory to advise and monitor the play. (The next Free Gym is scheduled for October 8th, from 10 to 4 in Hamamatsu-cho,a map and schedule in Japanese is available at the Pokemon Center site).

By Massmom on Monday, September 11, 2000 - 6:03 am:

Laurel - many thanks for the suggestion and for taking the time to respond! The Pokemon center will definitely go on our list... I'll keep my eyes open for a Free Gym! Thanks again!

By Laurel Seacord on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 5:34 pm:

I entered the home page address for the Pokemon center map incorrectly, it should be: http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/pokemon/CENTERMAP/MAP.HTM
I'm sorry for any frustrating attempts to find it! Just in case, the street address is 3-2-5 Nimonbashi Chuo-ku Tokyo.

By Bob on Monday, September 6, 2004 - 4:41 pm:

The gamefreak link no longer works. You can find the pokemon center (now with 4 locations in Japan and one in NY) at this address:
http://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/

Unfortunately, it is all in Japanese. When the home page loads, look in the upper right of the page. The Kanji link just to the left of "HOME" will take you to the store locations pages.

If you click the first logo, that will take you to the branch near tokyo station. The map show JR (which is tokyo station). The horizontal line at the bottom is Ginz Line subway. If you have a good map of tokyo you should be able to find it from there.

I have no idea where the rest of the locations are

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: