Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Destination: Bali (from Japan)

Japan With Kids - Forums: Traveling to/from and in Japan: Destination: Bali (from Japan)
By goechi prayitno on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 4:47 pm:

"Special Discount for your Family - Holiday in Bali"
Indo.com offers families special holidays in Bali with many discounts. Book online!
The only place where your family holiday can come true. Book your hotels in Bali online!

Visit us: http://www.indo.com

By Cornelia on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 5:50 pm:

We just got back from a trip to Bali. We tried to pay for flights separately and then book hotel on our own, but there were "no seats" available for a reasonable price on the airlines. So we went through H.I.S. travel and bought a package. The flight was only about half full. So I think the airlines were shooting themselves in the foot by not releasing some of those seats...!

Great trip. But HIS was still charging too much in my opinion. They have 6 day, 9 day and 15 day packages. The 9 day package I chose happened to return on a holiday for which we were supposed to pay an extra Y5000 each. So we put in an extra day (which cost Y6000 each). We stayed at "C" level accommodation and I know for a fact that it was not worth an extra Y6000 per day. In fact, I found out that the base fee paid by a Dutch tour operator using the same hotel was 10 Euro for a room. And we were double occupation so Y12,000 for the extra night, too bad HIS. Next year I'll plan a bit further in advance. Even if I pay 20 Euro a night for the same room it will still be less than Y12,000 by a long shot.

Another friend just got back yesterday and she told me she was getting rooms at the Hilton and the Hyatt, etc. for about 50 Euro. (That would have been "A" accommodation through HIS).

The biggest problem with booking on-line is that you don't really know where the good places are. So here is my quick review of our accommodation. We stayed at a place called Bakung Beach Cottages. The rooms were not cottages and they were not on the beach. But they were nice, had functioning air conditioners, hot water in the western style showers, mini-fridges, and outdoor seating (balcony or patio). The garden was very nice, the pool adequate, the restaurant a lot cheaper than those at the international hotels and the place was actually 40% OCCUPIED! Someone was doing their marketing well. The walk to the beach was about 5 blocks. Location was at the southern end of Kuta (on a street off Kartika Plaza Road heading towards the Holiday Inn also named "Bali Hai").

It was perfect for us. Hiltons and Hyatts add 20% government tax and another 20% service charge on to everything from the room to an iced coffee. Our hotel restaurant said "x" for fried noodles and "x" is what we paid (which came to about Y140), etc.

By Pato on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 7:11 pm:

The No. 1 Travel office in Shinjuku actually handles all the of the HIS packages with staff that speaks good English. At this time none of the other No. 1 Travel branches offer packages.

Talk to Mr. Watanabe at:
Shinjuku office
Number 1 Travel
tel: 03-3200-8871, fax: 03-3200-8870

There are still plenty of packages available to Asian destinations for Golden Week.

PS While in Bali, if you are into cooking try the 7.5 hours "cooking class" http://balifoods.com/bumbu/ Add on another hour for eating after the class finishes. $65 USD is a boatload of money by local standards ($50 is still an average monthly wage in Bali) but it's got a remarkable reputation.

By Cornelia on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 2:26 pm:

This came in the last US Embassy email newsletter:
"As of February 1, 2004 all American visitors to Indonesia will need to obtain a visa. Travelers may apply for a visa at an Indonesian Embassy/Consulate or at the airport upon arrival. Visitors may be granted a 3-day visa for a fee of $3 or a 30-day visa for a fee of $25. Both visas are non-extendable, and travelers must exit the country for at least two weeks before they can return. A visitor's visa for business purposes and social/cultural stays of longer duration require a letter of intent/sponsorship from the employer and/or sponsor. Please see http://www.travel.state.gov/indonesia.html for more information."

At first I thought this was going to be a huge problem until I re-read it and saw that you can get the visa at the airport upon arrival. But I wonder if there is room for them to demand more money than the $3 or $25 listed, at the airport. Last time I went my passport was 11 days short of the 6 month remaining validity requirement, and they suggested that $100 (USD) would solve the problem (which I got down to $80, still way too much). It might make things smoother to get the visas in advance.

By Louise Kittaka on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 1:06 am:

I am thinking of going to Bali for the new year holiday with my family--three kids ages 10, 7 and 4, and husband. If there is anyone who has been to Bali recently and has tips on where to stay, booking airflights or packages, things to do, etc, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Loui

LGKittaka@aol.com

By Theodora on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 8:25 pm:

Hi,

Would love to hear about the best deals to plan a vacation in Hawaii with a little toddler in September. Any tips, packages, resort etc.
aziztheodora@yahoo.com

Thanks Theodora.

By Villalover on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 9:40 pm:

Hi all,

For those of you who yearn to travel to Bali and stay in one of those luxurious villas, take heart, it's not as expensive as you think. The price is comparable to 4/5-star hotels but the comforts, service and privacy are impeccable. Most of them come with your own private pool , 5-star amenities and the most breathtaking view. Rates starting from US$100++ (with private pool) depending on period of the year .

These are some of the creme de la creme villas in Bali and I am sure you will agree with me after looking at these photos.

For unforgettable views of the villas , please visit http://www.villahaven.org

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: