Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Hairdressers / Haircuts

Japan With Kids - Forums: Consumer Reports: Hairdressers / Haircuts
There is a related conversation at Shopping in Japan: Hair Cuts.
By Linda Gondo on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 5:58 pm:

Sorry regarding previous hairdressing message, it was too vague. Does anybody know of a hairdresser that is mobile that doesn't take forever, that doesn't cost the earth, and is willing to come to my house, 3 mins from Harajuku station. The last hairdresser I went to took four and a half hours, too long, especially if you have to pay for babysitting.

By Linda Gondo on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 04:46 pm:
Does anyone know of a good hairdresser that doesn't cost the earth that is used to dealing with foreign hair and can come to my house?

By Linda Gondo on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 10:46 am:

Anyone that needs a really good hairdresser please check out the following website. Lisa is a mobile hairdresser from Australia who goes to client's houses all over Tokyo. She is much more reasonably priced than any of the salons and does a really excellent job. www.geocities.com/lisarogers_tokyo

By paula b on Monday, May 2, 2005 - 12:28 am:

I was wondering if there's any salon in Tokyo that has hair extensions for foreigner girls?? I mean the ones that are permenent...
Also if there's any English speaking alternative medicine doctor or homeopathic??
Thanks in advance!

By Cornelia on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 5:15 pm:

Hi Paula,
I don't know a hair salon as you request, BUT here is a shop that sells the hair needed for extensions. You can also buy human hair and get color matching done for fused extensions (permanent). I think they would be able to recommend a place where you might get your hair done. Or maybe they do it in a back room or up one floor, and I just did not see it.
Ales Planning
tel: 03-3400-6667
Open 9:00 - 20:00
They are close to the Meiji dori intersection at Harajuku down the side street where Fujimama's restaurant is located. The address is: 6-9-1-2F Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001

By Tia Tanaka on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 3:40 am:

Hi,

I have got a question here regarding straight perm. It seems to be really popular nowadays. Anybody done that? Can any type of hair go for a straight perm? Mine is not curly in the first place, but the straightness is not smooth, like well... the ladies...that you see on the streets in Tokyo.

Also anyone done any eye lash extension? Just curious if I should try this out for a coming wedding dinner.

Lastly can anyone recommend a good hair salon in Ginza? There seems to be so many, hence if someone has got a good personal experience in anyone, do share the name of the hair salon.

Tia

By Traci on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 5:23 pm:

Hi,
Does anyone know of a beauty salon in Yokohama that is good w/ fine,wavy hair. Also looking for hair colorist and pedicure person. I used to go to Cam when I lived here 5 years ago, but wondered if anyone else was recommended.
TIA,
Traci

By Pattyadams on Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 9:02 pm:

Hi,

Does anybody knows a good hair spray or cream to put on my daughters's hair to keep it up without damaging it. They are attending ballet class .Thanks for any info.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: