Help
Getting Started
Register Here
Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Electronics (Entertainment: MP3, games, web cameras,etc.)

Japan With Kids - Forums: Consumer Reports: Electronics (Entertainment: MP3, games, web cameras,etc.)
By Peter Fong on Monday, August 30, 1999 - 8:35 am:

My son has a PlayStation he bought at a yard sale here in Japan. During summer vacation in the States, he bought some American Playstation games. These do not work on his machine. Does anyone know where we can go to buy a mod chip or other such device in Tokyo?

By Anonymous on Thursday, October 28, 1999 - 12:07 pm:

I have seen street vendors in Akihabara selling mod chips. Look on some of the back streets on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

By Anonymous on Monday, November 8, 1999 - 5:32 pm:

One of my games from the USA (Final Fantasy 7) sometimes loses it's picture. The sounds usually continues but the tv is just black. Anyone know if it's my playstation or my CDs that are acting up? Is there a fix other than trying to get a new copy of the game from the USA?

By Janine Parker on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 11:05 pm:

Hi, I'd like to buy a web camera to see the family in Australia with on my PC. Does anyone have any tips on which sort to buy? I went to Bic Camera the other day and there were too many to choose from and the information was in Japanese so a brand and model name would be useful.
Also my old neighbours had a webcam for that could also be used to make movies. Is this standard on all webcams or only some? Thanks

By Sloane Wendell on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 9:13 am:

We have a Logitec with an internal microphone that we use to talk to grandma's back in the States. It works really well and you can use it hands free. If you are using it on a laptop you can get really bad feed back and need to turn the hands free option off while talking. We bought ours through BestBuy in the States. I'm not sure how they are with international shipping through thier website though. Hope this helps.

By Scott Hancock on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 9:25 am:

Suggest going to Users Side computer shop in Ebisu. They have several imported "English" models of web cams and the staff is helpful about explaining their differences.

Their web site is:
http://www.users-side.co.jp/index_eng.php
It's a bit hard to find as it's in a black glass office building with nearly no sign.

By May Ose on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 3:34 pm:

hi janine
i used logitech too and its great! its available in all electrical shops just look for the mark.

By Kurz on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 12:43 pm:

We got a Sony Walkman NWZ-S616F from BIC camera Sunday (Y15,500 as opposed to the Y17,800 on the Sony Japan website). When we got home we realized that it has no language options other than Japanese. We were able to return it, BUT now we are working out how to get one in the USA (which has 8 language options including Japanese) sent over to Japan ($130 on Sony US web site). I was wondering if anyone knows if the made-for-US/Europe model can be purchased here in Japan conveniently?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: