Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Car Repair

Japan With Kids - Forums: Repairs and Maintenance: Car Repair
By Gaijinmom on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 8:28 am:

After driving around the many narrow streets and tight corners in Tokyo for the last 3 years, my car has a lot of minor dents and scratches (well, a couple of big scratches)which I would like to fix up. How does one go about doing this? How long does it usually take and what can I expect to pay? Do service/gas stations do this type of work or is it better to find an auto repair/paint shop? If yes, any recommendations? (I live around Shibuya). Would like to hear of other people's experiences with this, especially for non-Japanese speakers. Any insights or tips on cost savings would also be appreciated. Thanks!

By Scott Hancock on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 2:57 pm:

This is one rare area where I think Japan is cheaper than the U.S. I've had this kind of work done more than once and it always seems less than I'm expecting.

Now, where....?
Usually not gas stations. Car repair are usually small, hole in the wall places that you don't notice unless you're really looking for it.

One biggish place I can think of is in Hiroo; on Meiji-dori where it curves around construction now.

There's another one across the street from New Sanno Hotel, also on Meiji-dori.

Tell me if these are not the right area. Neither of these deals in English as far as I know.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: