Edit Profile
Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Gas Appliances

Japan With Kids - Forums: Repairs and Maintenance: Gas Appliances
By Cornelia on Sunday, February 5, 2006 - 2:22 pm:

If you have a gas/fan heater it might be the Paloma brand. Here is the toll free number to call for service: 0120-193-860
(Japanese only pretty much) http://www.paloma.co.jp/

By Kurz on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 10:52 am:

Tokyo, Kitaku:
I took a gas fan heater to Enesta Saturday morning for a repair estimate. They loaned me a replancement heater at no charge! Rather nice service I think. If I decide not to go ahead with the repair, the cost to have the heater recycled is 525 yen. So easy enough and I think better than getting the large item pickup stickers from the convenience store.

By taking the heater to the gas shop (Enesta in this case) I avoided a Y2100 service call fee (if the repair man comes to my house).

In the meantime, I had a problem with my gas range (the kind that you take with you from rental to rental). The left hand burner was working normally. The right hand burner would start but then a beeping noise would begin and the burner would go out.

While at Enesta, I asked their advice about this. They told me to replace the batteries in my cooking range. I was dubious because since the left burner started fine, why wouldn't the right side also? But I changed the batteries as I was advised, and it did the trick! Shows how much I know! Anyway, it was such a simple repair, I thought I should share it. I'm sure there are many other people like me who are not at all used to these appliance types from their home country.

The batteries are in a little pull out drawer somewhere on the front of the stove (in my case on the left side of the front) and size D. I checked the old ones and they were "weak". So I guess they could provide enough current for a completed ignition to the burner closer by, but not quite enough for the burner a tiny bit further away.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: