Troubleshooting
Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Shoe repair

Japan With Kids - Forums: Repairs and Maintenance: Shoe repair
By a2002 on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 2:11 pm:

hi
Can anyone help us regarding places where we can do some shoe repair. My son's shoe with all the LEDs came out completely and he desperately wants that to be repaired.. Thanks in advance..
a2002
Places along the chou line would be easier for us to reach (like mitaka, kichioji...shinjuku)

By Kemi Afuape on Thursday, November 3, 2005 - 4:50 pm:

There is a shoe repairer at a shopping area called broadway in Nakano.You can try them.The shop is at the basement.

By Admin on Thursday, February 2, 2006 - 5:32 pm:

MISTER MINIT(Shoe Repair & Key Making)
They are everywhere now, but they didn't even exist (or only barely) 15 years ago!
Does anyone know their website with their locations? The only one I'm sure of is in Takashimaya Department Store in Shinjuku.

By Caroline on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 5:30 pm:

The zipper on my "expensive" long leather boots broke down early in the season. Teh boots are otherwise in perfect condition. I checked out a few places in my area (Kichijoji) that quoted prices ranging between 6,000 to over 10,000 yen to change the zipper on a SINGLE boot, depending on whether the zip came right down to the sole. I even asked Isetan where I bought the boots (albeit a couple years ago) if the maker would repair them for a better price - no, the price was the same.

A friend recommended Pinochio in Lonlon (2F), and I reluctantly took my boot there for an estimate. Surprise! I was told it would cost me 3,500 yen. I went for it! I love these boots and don't want to spend another 20,000 yen + for boots that will ultimately break at the zipper. The job was perfectly done.

The shop's name is in katakana (ピノキオ) and they have shops at:
Kichijoji Lonlon: 0422-22-22-7169
Lumine Yokohama: 045-453-6720
Ogikubo Lumine: 03-3398-1516
Lumine Tachikawa: 0425-276690
Mitaka Lonlon: 0422-45-7169

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: