Contact Admin

For Admins
Forum Software

Tutoring/playmates: wanted/available

Japan With Kids - Forums: Classifieds: Tutoring/playmates: wanted/available
By Bless_yokohama on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 4:17 pm:

Yokohama Early Learning Centre 横浜ラーニングセンター

Welcome to “BLESS International”

BLESS is a new and unique centre of learning that is committed to provide a high level of childcare service and English education for Japanese and foreign students in the Tokyo and the Yokohama area. We endeavor to create a lifelong learning experience for our students and their parents.

“BLESSInternational”へようこそ!

BLESSは、横浜・東京エリアに住む日本人と外国人のお子さんを対象に、
ハイレベルな保育と英語教育を提供する、新しくてユニークなスクールです。
お子様と保護者の方が、一生ものの学習を経験していただけるよう目指します。

Curriculum カリキュラム

The“BLESS” early child care, toddler and kindergarten curriculum is designed to meet each child's individual needs and stimulate learning in all developmental areas. Our low student-to-teacher ratio allows for personalized instruction and allows us to adjust our curriculum to personal development needs.At “BLESS”,children will spend most of their day actively engaged allowing them to construct their knowledge from meaningful experiences. In addition to the student's core curriculum, they are engaged in other specialty activities including, movement, art and physical education etc.

BLESSの乳幼児保育、トドラー、幼稚園クラスでは、お子様一人一人の成長段階や学習速度に合わせて、

授業を\成しています。お子さんと近い目üで保育することにより、個人の興味や発達に合わせた自由なカリキュラムが可\です。毎日様々な遊びや経験を通じて、知識を増やすことができます。主な英語の授業のほかにも、運動\力やアートなど様々な分野において、発達を伸ばせるようにカリキュラムを作成しています。

Language Arts 英語教育

Language arts instruction is woven throughout all areas of the curriculum. Students are immersed in a print and language rich environment and will have many opportunities to apply developing skills in purposeful reading and writing.

英語は一日のすべての授業を通して学ぶことができます。会話や読み書きなど様々な英語に触れる機会を設け、実践的なスキルを身につけます

Mathematics 算数

Children will explore math through a variety of hands-on and mathematical work sheets learning experiences. Daily activities are a balance of skills-driven strategies and real-world practice.
ワークシートや実践問題などを使って、算数も学びます。たし算やひき算などの技術を学び、実際の生活で使えるように楽しくバランスよく勉強します。

Art and Design アート&デザイン

Children will explore art and use their own imagination as well as group projects.

アートやデザインのクラスでは、想像力を豊かにし、時にはクラス全体で大きな作品を制作します。

Physical Education and Outside Time 運動\力と屋外あそび

As children it’s important to explore the outside world, children will get a daily opportunity to play outside and have physical educational experiences.

幼少期は外の広い世界で身体を動かし、視野を広げることも大切です。外遊びや体操の機会も、毎日の授業に取りüれています

http://blessintl.com/yokohama-elc.html

By Chamao1227 on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 12:13 pm:

Hi, we are looking for a female well experienced English teacher who could teach English to our kids (7yrs old and 4yrs old, who both had some English experience in early days of their youth), by coming to our home (in Minato-ku, Tokyo) once or twice a week, for a couple of hours, b/w 3 - 5 p.m. on weekday. Please e-mail us with your profile as well as fee. chamao1227@hotmail.com

By Iamamanda on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 - 1:07 pm:

Native Chinese speaker Available to Teach Chinese
Hi. I come from China and have once been a teacher in a college in China. I have the Certificate of higher education Qualified Teacher Status.
Last year I move to Tokyo together with my husband and now is as a housewife. So I am very flexible in lesson schedule. Both weekdays and weekend are ok for me.
If you are looking for a Chinese lesson teacher, please no hesitate to contact me by email: zaqbird@gmail.com

By Tanoshiienglish on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 3:31 pm:

Check out Tanoshii English school in Machiya Arakawa-ku Tokyo Japan.

They have classes for preschool, elementary, junior high, High school, college, business professionals, and retired persons.

Classes for children are 5500 yen a month for 4 one hour class room lessons.

Junior high, high school, college, and adult classes are 6000 yen a month for 4 one hour class room lessons.

Tanoshiienglish@yahoo.co.jp

By Tanoshiienglish on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 3:26 pm:

Check out Tanoshii English school in Machiya Arakawa-ku Tokyo Japan.

They have classes for preschool, elementary, junior high, High school, college, business professionals, and retired persons.

Classes for children are 5500 yen a month for 4 one hour class room lessons.

By Rikorabbit on Tuesday, September 3, 2013 - 11:49 am:

Hi

Looking for a playmate for my 3.5 year old daughter. I am a father and we're interested in finding company for playgrounds, parks and similar.

We're living in Mita, Minato-ku area.

Also looking for English tutor for her. Please send us email jikailau@gmail.com

Thank you

By Trish2829 on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 11:28 pm:

hello! Im Trisha, 30 yrs. old from the Philippines. I took up Bachelor of Secondary Education major in English during my college. Im looking for a part-time job... Any interested, Japanese/ non-English speakers who want to learn English thru the internet/ via Skype. I can teach basic English & would love to have a great conversation with you. Pls do contact me @ my email: jtrish_82@hotmail.com

By Englishtutor on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 1:44 am:

I am a highly-qualified English teacher, with over 5 years experience of teaching English in primary schools mainly. I love teaching English and I am passionate about the English language. I have experience in teaching English to kids, teens and adults. I use a wide range of learning resources, designed to cater for different learning styles. I offer teaching with an emphasis on practical communication. I have a genuine passion for teaching, and this translates into a very strong work ethic on my part It is a real pleasure for me to see the development of my students’ language skills, and how a broader vocabulary and knowledge of grammar allows them to express and understand increasingly complex ideas. Would you like a personal tutor to help you with your English skills? Look no further! Improve your English all from the comfort of your own home via Skype. I have no doubt that you will enjoy our lessons together. I am available to teach at almost any time of the day. My schedule is very flexible. My teaching credentials are available upon request.
Using online technology connected with language learning is really effective. To prove this I offer your first lesson free:-) Next lessons: 2600 Yen per 60 min. of intensive teaching.

Additional advantage is that:
- you learn anytime from home
- you choose the most suitable starting date (you may also plan your next lessons in such a convenient way)
- you have free consultation with your teacher
- you have individual lesson plan
- you have exactly tailored Elearning materials selected by the teacher
- you may practice your language skills on the interactive platform for free, I will monitor your results:-)

If you are have any questions write: Learn4skills@gmail.com add me on skype: polishenglishtool

You are welcome!

By Kaylamoses on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 10:57 am:

I am a native English speaker looking to teach English to people. Price is negotiable and I am willing to travel.

Please contact me by email kaylakhristine@yahoo.com

Thank you I look forward to speaking with you.

By Iamamanda on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 3:32 pm:

Native Chinese speaker Available to Teach Chinese

Hi. I come from China and have once been a teacher in a college in China. I have the Certificate of higher education Qualified Teacher Status.
Last year I move to Tokyo together with my husband and now is as a housewife. So I am very flexible in lesson schedule. Both weekdays and weekend are ok for me.
If you are looking for a Chinese lesson teacher, please no hesitate to contact me by email: zaqbird@gmail.com

By Tomitealeaf on Thursday, July 5, 2012 - 5:49 pm:

Wanted: playmate
for my four year old Japanese niece at Kanahara-ku Kawasaki-city.
I am an aunt here.
My four year old niece used to attend English speaking school so she understands English well.
However she now moved to Japanese school and start to stop speaking English.
I think it would be nice for her to have some English speaking play mate.
She speak both English and Japanese.

Me and my sister and other family is totally Japanese and local.

we can help you and share many local information if you are new to Japan too !

By Maxvasabi on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 9:58 pm:

Hello!
We`re looking for a native English teacher for our daughter at home.
She is from Russia, she is 11, she already was studying English.
The best variant for us is twice a week during 1,5 hours.
Our address - Tokyo, Minato-ku, 5 minutes on foot from Tamachi station (JR), Mita station (metro).
It`s not necessary, but we would like to see a teacher is a woman.
We`re looking forward your reply.
e-mail - 321rab@bk.ru
Thanks

By Maxvasabi on Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 9:48 pm:

Нello.
We are looking for a teacher for our daughter at home.
She is from Russia, she is 11, she already was studying English.
The best variant for us is twice a week during 1,5 hours.
Our address - Tokyo, Minato-ku, 5 minutes on foot from Tamachi station (JR), Mita station (metro).
It`s not necessary, but we would like to see a teacher is a woman.
We`re looking forward your reply.
e-mail - 321rab@bk.ru
Thanks

By Lanceshields on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 11:43 pm:

Hi everyone!
We are looking for an experienced native kid's tutor to teach a bilingual eager to learn 9 year old English reading and writing and also a fun-loving 4 year old speaking, reading and writing. We live in Kichijoji and will of course pay transportation costs for the right tutor to teach in our home. If you are a tutor looking for a family to teach or if you know a great tutor my wife and I would really appreciate your getting in touch.
Please email Lance at lance@grandestudio.com or call my mobile at 080-3027-6972 any time.
Many thanks!
Lance

By Cniskasari on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 10:01 pm:

Piano teacher sought:

For my 3 year old daughter in our home in Chuo-ku. Preferablly Japanese speaker and female. Send a resume and/or experience and personal details.

Playmate sought near Tsukiji Fish Market:

My daughter will be 3 in June and we just moved here. I am Canadian and husband Swiss-Indian. We are looking for a playmate her age for park outings and Jidoukan's on rainy days. She speaks English, Spanish, German and is quickly learning Japanese.

Please email or call Crystal.
050-5339-9035
cniskasari@hotmail.com

By Anders on Monday, May 5, 2008 - 8:21 pm:

Hello,

Looking for a playmate for my 3.5 year old daughter. I am a father and we're interested in finding company for playgrounds, parks and similar. We're western European (Swedish), so the daughter is not a native English speaker - however, kids normally sort that out without language barriers...

We're living in Shinagawa, but we don't have a problem to travel within Tokyo/Yokohama.

By Moonshine64 on Friday, May 2, 2008 - 10:29 pm:

*** Okayama, anyone?? ***

Playmates wanted for my 7 month old son, Hudson. Frexible schedule, will travel.
Thanks!!

By Cutiemommy on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 11:15 pm:

MIE, NAGOYA AREA

LOOKING FOR: English speaking playmates (preferred from Canada or the US) for my 9 months old son.

I am an English/Japanese bilingual mother and raise him up with speaking English at home and Japanese outside. As long as I can see, he is quite comfortable with an English speaking environment and I want to find him English speaking friends.

Also, I would love to help you and your kids adjusting the language and life in Japan.

Hope to see you soon!!!

By Tuesday_playgroup on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 7:02 pm:

Hello,
We, Tuesday playgroup is seeking new members now.(This time, we are welcome for moms and kids who came from foreign countries)

We are informal playgroup by moms who has small kids around under 4 years, west part of Tokyo such as Setagaya, Shibuya, Meguro, Minato-ku area. Multicultual, non profit, meet every tuesday from 10:30, meeting spot is everytime different, we generally go to parks or play halls (in bad weather - jidoukans) where the kids can play freely; or to zoos, aquariums, children's museums, or similar places that are generally both fun and educational. sometimes, we have moms refreshment days, such as lunch at resturant, walking around famous spot in Tokyo.

Every moms organize a playgroup activity by turns.

For further informations, please give us email:tuesday_playgorup@hotmail.com

Let's explore Tokyo and enjoy mom's life together!!

By Tattooed_mom on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 8:29 pm:

I am looking for someone to visit my home every saturday for about 3 hours to teach my daughter Japanese through playing. We are American and I can't speak Japanese either. She has been in public japanese school for 6 months but is having trouble learning the japanese language. Pay is negotiable. My daughter is 7 years old and loves to play using her imagination and I would like to find someone who can do that with her while teaching her Japanese. A female is preferred, in the 20-35 age range. My email address is mjcfarias@yahoo.com and we live in Toshima-gochome, Kita-Ku, Tokyo.

By Farene on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 10:31 am:

Hi! I live in Sapporo, and I'm hoping to start an English-speaking playgroup for children here. Ideally, the playgroup will be held at least once a week for about an hour and a half where the only language used is English.

The objective of the playgroup (at least for me) is just to give young kids from 6 months up a chance to absorb any English they are exposed to, through free play and interaction, songs, nursery rhymes and book-readings. Native English speaking parents are most welcome! Non-native speakers who are interested in giving their children exposure to English are also welcome, as long as parents adhere to the English-only rule.

Seeking like-minded parents in Sapporo interested in the difficult task of raising bilingual children in Japan! Please contact me by emailing farene.english(at)gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

By Ogikubo_parents on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 12:12 pm:

We are looking for a reading tutor with experience teaching young children. We have 6 year old boys who are just learning to read.

Call 090-3504-4808

By Dannyyoko on Monday, December 3, 2007 - 5:32 am:

Iam looking for a playmate for my energetic 7 year old daughter.We live around Yokohama station and are available friday,saturday or sunday.We are in Jiyugaoka on Saturdays.She is half american-half japanese.We are flexible about where to meet.
Thanks alot
Danny

By Mjavaid on Saturday, December 1, 2007 - 9:14 am:

hi all,(englishplaygroup or play mates wanted)
we r from pakistan,and iam looking for play mates or play group near sasazuka for my 4years old daughter and18 months old son(to practise and improve thier english),if u know any play group near by plz do mail me we r available on weekends, or we can join u any place in or near sasazuka or minami die
mail me mjaved68@hotmail.com

By U_learn on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 9:37 pm:

Hi.Are you looking for a private english tutor and at the same time a nanny as well,I am a Univesity graduate from Hongkong,fluent in English,with valid working visa.Available weekdays early morning till noon and from 6:30pm till late@night or weekend whole day is possible too.Pls.don't hesitate to contact me at anytime.

By Evejp on Saturday, October 6, 2007 - 9:38 pm:

Join our Jolly Phonics Class (Tokyo)
Starting December and 2008.

"Jolly Phonics is a thorough foundation for reading and writing. It teaches the letter sounds in an enjoyable, multisensory way, and enables children to use them to read and write words.

Not all children find it easy to learn and blend sounds. It is important to remember that this is not because they are unintelligent but because they have a poor memory for symbols and words. Extra practice will lead to fluency in reading and help your child manage at school. "

Hello Everyone.

I am looking for students' expressions of interest to join a Jolly Phonics class that I'm starting in December and 2008.

I've been working in ELT for 5 years now and I'm currently studying Speech and Language Pathology.

I have experience in teaching synthetic phonics and have taught Jolly Phonics (http://www.jollylearning.co.uk/) at an International school. I find that the children really enjoy and grow a lot with this material and I enjoy teaching it too!

I would recommend Jolly Phonics for native English speaking children from ages 3-6 and for children whose English is a second or other language, to be much older, from ages 6 and above.

-Thanks for the great response. Please check the site below for more information and other details regarding JP. I'm sorry that only English information is available at the moment.
Please contact me for locations and fees.

http://phonicsjapan.info/

By Evejp on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:32 am:

Join our Jolly Phonics Class (Tokyo)

"Jolly Phonics is a thorough foundation for reading and writing. It teaches the letter sounds in an enjoyable, multisensory way, and enables children to use them to read and write words.

Not all children find it easy to learn and blend sounds. It is important to remember that this is not because they are unintelligent but because they have a poor memory for symbols and words. Extra practice will lead to fluency in reading and help your child manage at school. "

Hello Everyone.

I am looking for students' expressions of interest to join a Jolly Phonics class that I'm starting in November/ December.

I've been working in ELT for 5 years now and I'm currently studying Speech and Language Pathology.

I have experience in teaching synthetic phonics and have taught Jolly Phonics (http://www.jollylearning.co.uk/) at an International school. I find that the children really enjoy and grow a lot with this material and I enjoy teaching it too!

I would recommend Jolly Phonics for native English speaking children from ages 3-6 and for children whose English is a second or other language, to be much older, from ages 6 and above.

Please contact me if you're interested and we can talk more about classes, schedules and locations.

By Mak2000 on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 4:21 pm:

Computer Science Tuition (Java,C#,C++) in (Yokohama/Tokyo )by University graduate with MS degree in Computer Science and 7+ years teaching experience. See details at
http://www.geocities.com/mak2000sw/teach/frmteach.htm

By Medved on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 11:57 pm:

Hi, I have 2,5 year old son and 8 month old daughter and I am looking for someone to play with. I live in Hiroo. If there is some playgroup or someone who wants to meet, please let me know. Hope to find someone soon. Lenka
l-p-kasicka@volny.cz

By Kasumi_ss on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 10:44 am:

Hi

We just moved from Sydney and live in Hatsudai in Shibuya-ku. I have two sons, one is 5 going to English speaking pre-school and the other is 8 months. I am Japanese (speak French and English as well) and my husband is French, I am looking for French/English/Japanese speaking moms and playmates for my children. My elder son speaks Japanese/French/English.I can help your children's Japanese. We can meet at may place or at park between 10am to 2pm or after 3pm.
If you live in nearby area, please email me at 10eaton_neutralbay@ezweb.ne.jp

By Edlyn on Monday, July 9, 2007 - 9:42 pm:

I am an English speaking Mom from America with a 5 year old girl in yochien and a 3 year old boy who is home with me. I am looking for playmates for him. Japanese or English is fine. I can help your kids learn English as I have many books and games to teach my own children English. We live in Hatagaya, in Shibuya ward, two stops from Shinjuku station. I can meet in Shinjuku, Shibuya, Nakano, Ogikubo, Sasazuka and probably other areas. Ideally I am looking to meet up while my daughter is in school on any day but Tuesdays. Time would be 10:00 to 12:00. Doesn't have to be a formal date but if you would like to get our kids together that would be great.

By Midori Morita on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 11:41 pm:

We moved from Austin last year.
Now we live in Kagurazaka. I'm
looking for English playmates
for my 5 years old and 3 and
half years olds sons. If you
know any playgroup or playmates
in English near Kagurazaka,
please let me know. Also if you
are interested in making such a
playgroup in Kagurazaka area,
let's do it together!
I am Japanese, and my husband is
American.

By Midori Morita on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 12:20 am:

HI. I'm looking for playmate for
my 3.5 years old and 5 years old
son. If you know any playgroup
or playmates in english near
Kagurazaka, please let me know.
Also if you are interested in
making such a playgroop in
Shinjyuku area, let's do it
together! Please contact me!

By Keiko Koda on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 10:53 am:

I have 14 month girl, living living at Ishikawacho, Yokohama. I try to let her learn both English/Japanese. If you know any playgroup/playmates in english near my residence, please let me know. Also if you are interested in making such a playgroop in Yokohama, let's do it together! Looking forward your contact me. keiko.koda.405@gmail.com

By Toshiko Yabuuchi on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 11:12 pm:

Hi! I am Japanese, living in Tokyo. I am looking for English speaking friends. I am teaching English for kids at public school. And I am often asked by parents and homeroom teachers about culture and child education of English speaking country. But I can not explain a lot. So please, help me. I will help your Japanese learning/translating or baby sitting. I have no kids but I like to play with them.

By Mandy Sandy on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 10:56 pm:

I am looking for a french/english speaking playmate for my children 6 and 2.8 years old especially during July and August. We live in Bunkyo-Ku.

By Traci on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 8:32 pm:

I am looking for a Spanish tutor for my son. We'd only need for about 6 weeks in the Summer. Prefer near Yokohama area. Thanks, Traci

By Traci on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 11:40 pm:

Hi

I'm looking for a Spanish tutor for a 13 year old. Need to start sometime early July. Yokohama area preferred. Pls respond to my email address:
tramar63@yahoo.com
THanks,
Traci

By Traci on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 9:48 am:

Spanish tutor needed in Yokohama area for 13 year old. He has had some tutoring already, but not in a regular classroom -- only private tutoring. He will have to take a Spanish class this school year and so we are trying to get him ready. No Spanish in our local school. We will be moving to Japan in early July. Please reply to my email address: Tramar63@yahoo.com
Thanks

By Theodora on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 10:17 pm:

Hello,
Would like to meet primarily French and/or Swedish speaking playmate however we don't exclude English speaking playmate for my 17 months old daughter.We live in Setagaya-ku. Any nationalites and background welcome.
Regards Theodora

By Howard Sayer on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 9:54 pm:

I am looking for someone to teach my 5 year old daughter reading, writing, and arithmetic 1 or 2 weekday mornings. Preferably native British English, but most importantly someone who likes kids - not looking particularly for a professional teacher. Location would be at home in Kachidoki. Is there anyone out there?
Howard sayernen[at]yahoo.co.uk

By Tam on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 10:03 am:

Working mum would like bilingual son age 3 years to have English speaking playmates to meet up on weekends to counterbalance Japanese input from daycare. (Also have a 3 month old daughter.) Living in Kichijoji willing to travel nearby to Mitaka, Inokashira Line and Chuo line.

By Suzanne on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 8:01 pm:

Rachel,
I'm not as familiar with things to do in the Shinjuku area, but there are a lot of things for English speaking families in the Hiroo area.

I bring my daughter (who is 2yrs 4 mo) to Upstarts Art at RBR Center - it's great. It's every Wed morning from 9-10:15am, it would be a fun activity and you wouldn't have missed too much of the class. I am pretty sure they would pro-rate the class for you. Their website is: http://www.rbr-art.com/About

It's an amazing place, they have other classes there for kids and adults.

Also - you may want to check out the Fun House. It's an indoor play area for kids under 5 years old. There is an afternoon and a morning session. My kids love it there. It can be a bit pricey, but since it's a drop in program, it'll be easier than paying for a session of classes that you
may miss half of.

They no longer have a website, they are closing in August, but their phone number is: 03-5442-8009.
Good luck! Suzanne

By rachel torimoto on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 6:15 am:

My son and I will be in Tokyo (staying in Shinjuku) from April 15 to June 15, 2006. My husband is there on business and we will join him for a two month stay.

I would love the opportunity to get out and meet other moms and kids (my son is 2 1/2) in the area during our stay. My son is used to being around friends many days of the week and I hate that he will be stuck in a hotel room for two months!

By koko on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 1:48 pm:

Hi! If you need a friend to join you after work and help your english! I'll be glad to do that just for 2000yen per hour. I'm jolly natured, fluent in english Indian girl who knows a lot about Indian culture and practise Yoga and meditation everyday. Contact me for further details.

By Michelle Koizumi on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 9:23 am:

English speaking playmates in the Shibuya/
Setagaya/Shinjuku area wanted for my 5 yr
old Daughter.English is her main language
but she needs more English speaking
friends,please email,she is really friendly.

By Michiko Suzuki on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:31 pm:

Private or semi-private Japanese
lesson for housewives and kids offered at Tsunashima(Toyoko Line) or your house.
jpy4000/hour+transportation fee
I'm experienced qualified female
Japanese teacher.I welcom Moms with kids to help you solving daily life problems.I also have 5year-old,8year-old,10year-old daughters and 2nd and 3rd ones were born in Singapore.
Please contact me by e-mail.
{mssmom@gsc.nir.jp,mssmom@gsc.nir.jp}}

By Michiko Suzuki on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:23 pm:

Private or semi-private Japanese
lesson for housewives and kids offered at Tsunashima(Toyoko Line) or your house.
jpy4000/hour+transportation fee
I'm experienced qualified female
Japanese teacher.I welcom Moms with kids to help you solving daily life problems.I also have 5year-old,8year-old,10year-old daughters and 2nd and 3rd ones were born in Singapore.
Please contact me by e-mail.
{mssmom@gsc.nir.jp,mssmom@gsc.nir.jp}}

By Irena on Monday, December 5, 2005 - 5:09 pm:

I am looking for illustration ( design) and violin instructor for my sister. She doesn't speak Japanese. We live in Ueno.

By Vasanthi Naidu on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 8:04 pm:

LOOKING FOR A YOGA DANCE INSTRUCTOR FOR CHILDREN.
PLEASE E-MAIL ME . THANKS IN ADVANCE.

By Katherin Higgins on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 3:05 pm:

Classes for 0-18 month olds, 1.5-3 years, and 4-5 year old are being held in Yoyogi 5-chome at Luna-Luna, near Sangubashi station on the Odakyu line. English classes include songs and games for babies and mothers. As well as conversational English with a native English speaker for mothers to practice English fluency. Please email me at KatHiggins@aol.com for more information or go to their website www.luna-luna.jp

By Ana Maria Chrem on Wednesday, November 2, 2005 - 7:43 am:

My six year old daughter is looking for guitar lessons at our house in Shibuya. Are there any teachers available?

Please contact us at anamariachrem@yahoo.com

By Ana Maria Chrem on Wednesday, November 2, 2005 - 7:40 am:

My six year old daughter is looking for guitar lessons at our house in Shibuya. Are there any teachers available?

By Yuriko Takeuchi on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:05 pm:

I am Japanese can teach piano for children(from 3years) and female . I have a lot of experience to teach for overseas students.
I can come to Shirogane Azabu Hiroo area. or you can go to my house area (tama).
please mail me ,
takeyuri2003@ybb.ne.jp.
I will tell you details and show my H.P.

By Ana Maria Chrem on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 9:58 am:

I have a 6 year old daughter who seeks for an English Tutor. We live in Shibuya.
Please contact us at anamariachrem@yahoo.com asap.
thanks,

By Yvette Takizawa on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 11:30 pm:

Hi!Im looking for an english tutor who has a one year curriculum or lesson plan for my "turning-to" 5yr old boy.If you're interested please contact me through mail or just post a message here.Thank you so much!

By Jellund on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 2:22 pm:

Hello
I am teaching a series of Parent and Child cooking classes in English, the schedule for the rest of this year is...

Wednesday 19th October 4-5pm
Jack-o-lantern carving and Pumpkin and White Chocolate pie sampling

Wednesday 9th November 4-5pm
Wednesday 16th November 4-5pm
Raspberry and Banana Trifle and Tiramisu

Wednesday 14th December 4-5pm
Wednesday 21st December 4-5pm
Cookie house decorations and gingerbread shapes

Please email me if you would like to reserve a space in the class. Hope to hear from you soon.

By Vasanthi Naidu on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 1:28 pm:

I AM LOOKING FOR A MANDARIN TUTOR FOR MY 6 YEARS OLD SON.
PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: vasanthinaidu@hotmail.com.

THANK YOU

By Junko Osawa on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:45 pm:

Setagaya-kawasaki area

Hi! I'm looking for English speaking playmates for my 2 kids(3.5 & 1.5, 2girls).We had lived in Austin Tx for 2.5 years, and last May we came back here.I"d like to keep them English.

I can be Japanese tutor too. I volunteered at UT(University of TX) and I taught Japanese to the UT students.I have a teaching certificate(Junior high and High school) too.
And I understand to live in abroad.

If you are interested in, please contact me. I live in Denen-toshi-line, Futako-shinchi(next to Futako-Tamagawa )

By yuriko takeuchi on Wednesday, September 7, 2005 - 10:12 pm:

I am Japanese can teach piano for children(from 3years) and female . I have a lot of experience to teach.
I can come to Shirogane Azabu Hiroo area. or you can go to my house area (tama).
please mail me , I will tell you details and show my H.P.

By Kumon Materials Development Division on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 2:13 pm:

Kumon is offering students the opportunity to study its English Programme (British English version, as used in the UK and Australia) at our monitor centre in Ichigaya, Tokyo.

Kumon English is a programme designed for children whose first (or second) language is English or who are being educated in English at school. It is currently used in 17 countries around the world, including Britain and Australia, but is not available at Kumon study centres in Japan. For the first time, we are able to offer the international version of the English Programme at our monitor centre in Ichigaya.

Kumon English aims to improve students’reading comprehension skills and to nurture an interest in reading and learning English which will enable students to read widely and with confidence for both education and enjoyment. The lowest levels of the Kumon English are designed for preschoolers and begin by enriching students’vocabulary and teaching basic foundation reading skills. Students go on to learn about sentence construction, paragraph building, summary and finally critique of literary texts, including classic literature such as Shakespeare.

If you would like more information about Kumon English or would like to enrol your child at our Ichigaya monitor centre, please contact the English Native Language Programme Team by fax on 03-5276-7166, by email at kumon-chn@kumon.ne.jp, or by phone on 03-3234-4748 (Monday and Thursday afternoons only).

By Julie Frankland on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 12:42 am:

New family in Azabu looking for friends and playmates
We are English family moving to minami azabu at the end of august. I have an 11 year old son and an 8 year old daughter who will be looking for playmates and I am hoping to meet up with other English speakers too. Any information on the area or useful advice would be very welcome.
Julie

By Sharifah on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 9:56 pm:

Hi again! Just wanna make things clear. My meant playmates here is the English tutor herself. Meaning to say not just teaching my children academically but also as playmates...to encourage english conversation. Thank You
Tokyo International Exchange Center, Odaiba

By Sharifah on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 9:24 pm:

Hi! I am looking for English tutor as well as playmates for my two kids. My daughter is 7 years old and my son is 5 years. Since my daughter goes to public school in tokyo...I would like her to keep up with her English when she goes back to Malaysia end of next year. I live in TOKYO INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE CENTER, Odaiba, Aomi, Koto-Ku, Tokyo.
Please e-mail me. Thank You.

By Yvette Takizawa on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 7:28 pm:

Hi! I'm looking for english speaking playmates for my 4-year old son.I want him to be bilingual and i do believe having an english playmate will help a lot.We live in Taito-ku,Tokyo-to.I could offer our house for them to play together.Please send me a mail at maribeth@tctv.ne.jp

By Jpnally on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 8:09 pm:

I'm looking for a Turkish person who enjoys casual cooking to teach me how to cook Turkish food, preferably at my house in Minato-ku.

By Blue Sky on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 7:31 pm:

Blue Sky has openings in our weekly Setagaya mother/baby playgroups from September 2005. Book early for the next term so you don't miss out! Sessions are very reasonably priced at 2000 yen each and payable one term in advance. See http://blueskytokyo.com for more details.
Some groups are already full, but three of the current groups have vacancies from Sept:

a) Go Baby Go! mother and toddler music and activity playgroups
Mon 10am ages 1.5 - 2.5 (2 spaces)
Tues 10am ages 2 - 3 (4 spaces)
Tues 2pm ages 1.5 - 2.5 (3 spaces)
New groups starting from September in response to recent Japanese media coverage:
Tues 3pm ages 1.5 - 2.5
Thurs 10am ages 1 - 1.5
Thurs 11am ages 2 - 3

b) Little Angels mother/baby playgroup (babies under one year old)- come and enjoy chatting and socialising in a relaxed atmosphere, with your not-yet-walking baby. Held in Setagaya twice a month (500 yen)

c) English circle for proficient non-native speakers or returnees. If you wish to keep up your English ability while accompanied by your baby or toddler and have a TOEIC score of 850 or a similar level of English proficiency please contact us. Only 1500 yen per session.

d) Mobile Go Baby Go! classes. If you already belong to a playgroup with your toddler (aged 1 - 3), Blue Sky can come to you for 6 sessions of our Go Baby Go! program. Minimum of 6 mother/baby pairs required. Tuesday mornings available from September.

e) Breastfeeding classes run by Blue Sky's own International Board Certified Lactation Consultant(IBCLC). With over 8 years experience helping English speaking breastfeeding mothers in Tokyo. Classes held on Sundays once a month, your place or ours, minimum 3 couples required. For more details see http://blueskytokyo.com/lactation.html

f) Blue Sky also offers Maya Wrap Baby slings for sale. The best way to carry your baby or toddler! Many fabrics available on our web site. http://blueskytokyo.com/babyslings.html

For any further information please email Blue Sky at blue.sky@gol.com

By Trish Oshiro on Saturday, July 2, 2005 - 4:01 pm:

I am a native English speaker with bachelor degrees from the USA. I can help you to improve your English through email. I will correct your English composition, grammar, or teach you how to express yourself naturally. It is convenient, easy, and the fee is low. For example, if you need me to correct 10 sentences, the average fee is $5.00. (The fee may vary, depending on services required.) Email me at studyeonline@yahoo.com

By taylin taylor on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 4:12 pm:

I am a responsible 13 year old (on my mom's account) who is free all this summer to act as a babysitter/mom's helper. I have lots of experience in small children, as I have a 2 year-old brother. I love kids! I am trained in CPR, a special infant and child course. I can also speak to your children in either french, english, or even japanese fluently. Please email me or call me at 090-1760-8911 if you are interested.

By taylin taylor on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 4:11 pm:

I am a responsible 13 year old (on my mom's account) who is free all this summer to act as a babysitter/mom's helper. I have lots of experience in small children, as I have a 2 year-old brother. I love kids! I am trained in CPR, a special infant and child course. I can also speak to your children in either french, english, or even japanese fluently. I live in the Hiroo area. Please email me or call me at 090-1760-8911 if you are interested.

By Kanako Sato on Friday, June 3, 2005 - 11:49 pm:

Are you interested in the Harp lesson in Enlish or Japanese? I live in Denenchofu. I graduated Indiana University in the States and Toho Music School at Tokyo.
Please contact sato.kanako[at]nifty.com Thank you!

By Irena on Friday, June 3, 2005 - 11:09 am:

Wanted: Chinese (Mandarin) tutor for 4 years old boy. Preferably someone who lives near Ueno.

By Caterina Yajima on Thursday, June 2, 2005 - 11:25 pm:

Looking for a Native English Speaker(preferably from Canada who is familiar with the Canadian curriculum) to tutor our 10 year old son. We are a Japanese/Italian family living in Aobadai, Yokohama, and need an English tutor to help our son improve his reading/writing skills. He is already very advanced in oral english, but needs help to organise, plan, read and write well. Please email 1i9t6a4l4i1a8@ezweb.ne.jp if you are interested.

Thank you in advance.

By Luna on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 1:25 pm:

Is there anyone who want to learn daily Japanese, and also Japanese culture? I am looking for someone who want to have friendly realationships with my family. I have a 1yr 9mo old boy (needs playmate!). I think having native friends is the best way to know the country you live. Any nationality is OK. Only you need is small skill of English (or Japanese)to communicate. It is much nicer if you teach me your culture.

If you are interested in, e-mail me!

By akemi kikuchi on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 12:47 pm:

Hi. I am looking for English speaking playmates for my 3 years old daughter in Tokyo. please contact me at irokeyorikuike@hotmail.com

By Sue on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 9:27 am:

Hi, looking for playmates for my 6 months old son and 2.5 yr old daughter in Shimouma, Setagaya-ku. Please email me at devie8[at]hotmail.com

By Amy on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 3:30 pm:

Looking for English speaking playmates and chatting mates for my 6-month-old son and Mom on the Den-en-toshi Line. Please e-mail me at amy.h[at]hawaii.com Thank you.

By Jonathan Tanemori on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 2:36 pm:

Looking for English-speaking playmate with our 2.5 year-old daughter in Arakawa-ku (Machiya, Nippori), Taito-ku (Ueno), or Adachi-ku (Kita Senju). Trips to Ueno Zoo, Arakawa Yuenchi, etc. would be fun! Contact me at tanemorij[at]yahoo.co.jp.

By Susanne Erbeck Habiro on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 1:14 pm:

Hello all!
At the moment, I am looking for students for private German lessons (also group lessons are okay), in following areas:

Tokyo: Ikebukuro/Shinjuku/Takadanobaba.

Saitama: Tokorozawa/Musashi Fujisawa/Kotesashi/Iruma/Hanno/
Kawagoe/Hachioji.
Lesson fees vary, depending on the area and lesson. Times and days are flexible.

I can teach all ages (4-adult) and levels (beginner-advanced).

About myself: I'm a German native, 33years old and have been teaching German here for the last 3 years (private and group lessons). My English is fluent; my Japanese is still more "beginner's" level.
For more information, please feel free to email me anytime at: sesu@cronos.ocn.ne.jp or call me at 0429-718903.
Hope to hear from you!
from Susanne.

By Gaijinmom on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 9:27 am:

Looking for a Native English Speaker(preferablly from the UK who is familiar with the UK curriculum) to tutor our 11 year old son. We are an Australian/American family living in Shibuya and need an English tutor to help our son improve his writing skills. He is already very advanced in reading and is quite articulate, but needs help to organise, plan, and write well. Please email claire@joy.ocn.ne.jp if you are interested.

By Kim Ellison on Monday, December 6, 2004 - 11:35 am:

Japanese Lessons. Do you need help with everyday Japanese? My teacher has been teaching me the last few months and she helps me with daycare, city hall letters etc. She doesn't speak English much so if you are past the basics I can recommend her classes. She had put an advert in the Weekender but when it mysteriously disappeared for a few weeks so did her money for 4 weeks of adverts. So to let other people know in the Itabashi area (she may travel further) who need functional Japanese please contact her.
Fusayo Wakano magnolia@vega.ocn.ne.jp

By Asuka Eguchi on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 12:23 pm:

Private English lessons offered. \3,000/hour in Fujisawa, Kamakura, Chigasaki, and Oofuna areas.

I was born in Japan, and moved to the US when I was six years old. I lived there for 14 years, so English has become the language I know best. I can also speak Japanese fairly well.

I am adaptable to your learning needs. In addition to teaching English, I would like to share aspects of the American life with you.

Contact me at asuka@hiwaay.net or 090-6076-6034.

By Akiko Vogel on Sunday, October 3, 2004 - 5:24 pm:

Looking for English tutor.

Our daughter is 8 years old and bilingual as she has been attending public school in Nishi-Azabu for over a year (and will likely continue for another year or two until we return to the US).

She is very interested in keeping up with her English writing skills.

Please contact us at rvogel@jhu.edu.

By Lance Shields on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 3:41 am:

Hi. I'm hoping someone can recommend a good English tutor to help my bilingual 6 year old son keep up with English reading and writing. Having an American dad (me) and Japanese mom, he can communicate quite well in English, but as he goes into Japanese elementary soon I'm concerned about him not getting enough opportunity to learn in English. We are looking for someone who is a trained teacher and understands age specific developmental needs to come to our place in Kichijoji for an hour twice a week. We'd also like him to be given 15-20 minutes of homework a day. Basically the important thing is that English is made as interesting and fun as the Japanese equivalent that he is being exposed to daily. Email me at lanceshjp@yahoo.co.jp

By Letitia Verschoore on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 11:41 am:

I am looking for French speaking playmate fr my son who is 4 yrs old (turn to 5 by 1st Feb next yr). I am Chinese born in HK and my husband is French. However, I cannot speak French so English is the 1st language at home. We live in Koiwa alone JR Sobu Line. Is anyone living aruond the neighbourhood?
Please e-mail me at pucencook@hotmail.com

By Miles Edelsten on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 6:40 pm:

I am a British dad with 7-year old son who I look after on weekends. Seeking similar aged playmates for him in the Suginami-ku/Chuo-line or Yoyogi area - Pls mail me at medelsten@ap.org

By Geraldine Sudario on Tuesday, June 1, 2004 - 10:44 pm:

I am 25 years old and currently working as a customer service representative in Manila. Earning here in Manila is not sufficient for me to help my family and send my younger siblings to school. If there are any open jobs for me there in Japan I would be willing to offer a half day or a day free just for sponsorship. I have aunts who are living there in Japan also as domestic helpers. Should you need to verify, you may contact them at 090-2758-8178 or email them at castillo_zeny@yahoo.com. I would greatly appreciate any help I would receive from you.

By Yuko Kubota on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 12:30 am:

Khristianne, have you asked your local ward office (kuyakusho) or international exchange lounge? They can usually guide you to voluntary groups that run reasonable lessons. You can usually take your children, and the lesson fee is often something like 100 yen per lesson. If you can tell us which ward and city you live in, maybe I can give you more details.

By Khristianne Bautista on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 2:46 pm:

I'm 25 years old and have a 1 yr 10 mo. child, I'm having hard time with nihonggo. Is there anyone who knows of any japanese language class where you can bring the baby with you. And how much would it cost?

By akiko takeuchi on Sunday, May 2, 2004 - 9:16 am:

Wanted: Playmates or playgroups on or near keio line, ctuo line (mejirodai station/hachioji city) for my energetic daughter, almost 4, I used to live in America and Hong Kong. We can meet after school or sometimes go outings on weekends. My daughter goes to Yochien from this spring. Please email me at akiko610jp@yahoo.co.jp or call 0426-66-7137or 080-1165-1290.

By anugya on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 6:48 pm:

Need students for cheap and best yoga lessons in shinjuku by 10 years experienced yoga instructor from Nepal.
contact nirmal: anugya78@yahoo.com

By Eri Suzuki on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 11:00 pm:

Hello! I am a 21 year old University student in Tokyo. I lived in the U.S. for 15 years, which makes me an English/Japanese bilingual. I had been figure skating for 13 years in Chicago, Illinois. I have competed and won various competitions and ice shows in the Illinois State Area. I am looking for students (both children and adults) to coach skating at all levels. Lessons will be taught in either English or Japanese, depending on the student's preference. Figure skating is a beautiful sport and I wish to share it to you all!

By Andrew Tweed on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 5:57 pm:

Is anyone interested in Piano lessons taught in English? I have a BA in music and have
taught privately and in public schools in the U.S. I can teach in your home in the following areas:
Shinjuku, Yoyogi, Takdanobaba, Ikebukuro, Saitama City.

You can email me at japando@ezweb.ne.jp Thanks, Andrew

By Naoko Akutsu on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 4:28 pm:

Fujisawa/Kamakura Area: I am looking for English-speaking playmates/playgroups in above area for my energetic sons aged 5 and 3. We can meet after school and/or weekends. Please e-mail me if you are interested: anaoko1124@yahoo.co.jp

By Gloria Torrijos on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 8:03 pm:

Iエm looking for Spanish native speakers as playmates for my son, 5 years old, in Meguro district. Please, mail at torrijosgloria@yahoo.es

By mark on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 7:27 pm:

Hello,
I am looking for a native Spanish tutor
who can teach Spanish to my high school
age daughter. She has several years of
spanish already, and needs a serious tutor
at this stage. Language of instuction to be
in Spanish.
In yokohama Azamino area. fees
negotiable, and transportation fees paid.
weekly, 2 hours lesson desirable.

By Arunee Salonsky on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:01 am:

I am looking for an English speaking playgroup/mate for my 4 year old daughter. We live in Narita, if you are interested, please feel free to e-mail me at salonsky@cba.att.ne.jp

By Yuri Goda-Nomura on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 2:37 pm:

Hi, does anyone know of a karate class after school around Yoga, Futakotamagawa area for girls? Tokyo is not the safest place any more and would like my daughter to learn self defense or karate. Thank you

Kat

By Kim Collins on Friday, March 5, 2004 - 1:04 pm:

I'm looking for a ballet or dance school (taught in English) for my 3 year old daughter around the Itabashi-ku area. Ikebukuro would be ok.
OR are there any English speaking playgroups or children about the same age around Motohasunuma area.
My daughter goes to Japanese daycare but speaks English at home. We are from UK but I am English/Japanese. I researched some dance schools but they all seem to be in Meguro area.

By Yuri Goda-Nomura on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 8:14 am:

English Music and Movement classes for toddlers from 1 yr to 2 1/2 yr, twice a month (1st & 3rd Fridays) in Nagatsuta area (Yokohama)
For more info. please contact
yurigoda@hotmail.com

By Yuri Goda-Nomura on Monday, February 2, 2004 - 2:35 pm:

English Music and Movement classes for toddlers from 1 yr to 2 1/2 yr, twice a month (2nd, 4th Fridays) in Yoga area (Setagaya-ku)
For more info. please contact

yurigoda@hotmail.com
or call 090-1559-8096

yuri

By Cali on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 10:06 am:

I am an experienced English teacher accepting a few new students. Ages 3 to adult. I offer classes in my home in the Fuchu-shi area. We are convenient to two train lines. Individual or group lessons. Please feel free to email me if you are interested in more information.

By Miki Fujimoto on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 6:46 pm:

English Speaking Violin Teacher! Welcoming New Students!

I am a 29 year old female violinist. I graduated from San Francisco Conservatory of Music,and later received scholarship and attend Escuela Superior de Musica Reina Sofia in Madrid.
I teach all levels - ages 4 to an adult. Private lesson time varies from 15min. 30min. and 45min. depends on age and level.

I live in Mizuhodai, Saitama on Tobu-tojo line, 5 min. walk from the station.
For more information, please contact miki[at]temjin.com or call 049-255-2630

By Mellisa Lee on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 1:55 am:

I'm a 21 years old female who lives in Canada, are willing to travel to anywhere in Japan to work... fluent in English/Mandarin/Cantonese/Malay... and a little Japanese.
Eventhough I'm not graduate from highschool... (only to grade 12), but I love children a lot~~~~

By KM on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 11:44 am:

Wanted: Playmates or playgroups in NANRA

I am looking for English-speaking playmates or playgroups in Nara for my 4-yr-old son. His mother tongue is Japanese but understands English a little. I also have a 11-month-old daughter. I speak both languages (I'm Japanese). I used to stay near Chicago to study communication. It is hard to find English-speaking friends in Nara! If you are interested, please e-mail me.

By Cali on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 12:16 pm:

I am an experienced English teacher accepting a few new students. Ages 3 to adult. I offer classes in my home in the Fuchu-shi area. We are convenient to two train lines. Individual or group lessons. Please feel free to email me if you are interested in more information.

By mia on Wednesday, July 2, 2003 - 9:29 pm:

English tutor needed

Hi, I'm looking for a native English tutor for my sweet 4 yr boy. I am looking for a person who likes to read and play games. References and experience are not necessary but person should like children and talk English to him.

Please contact Mia by Email with your experience and fee.

Time: weekday from 5:00pm or weekend 10:00am(once or twice a week)
Location: close to Chofu station on Keio line (about 15-20 minutes from Shinjuku

Thank you

By SD on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 9:40 am:

Looking for English-speaking playmates for my 3 year old son. We live in Hiroo and do a lot of fun activities on weekends - my son goes to Japanese Hoikuen during the week. Bilingual (Japanese/English) household.
If you are interested, please email me!

By john colbath on Monday, June 2, 2003 - 9:46 pm:

I'm looking for playmates for my 4 year old english speaking daughter. Whoever lives in chuoku area or minatoku or anyone interested. please call at 090-7008-0943 or e-mail me

By Sarah Calbreath on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 7:15 pm:

Wanted: Playmates on or near Odakyu line (Ikuta station/Kawasaki City) for my energetic English-speaking son, almost 4, and/or baby girl, 9 months. I am a California mom who just arrived and would like to get to know foreign mothers and Japanese moms who want to practice their English. My son is in yochien until 2:30 if you have a baby and would like to meet before then. Please email me at dcalbreath@aol.com or call 044 951 3091 *101 or 080 5080 9078. Thanks! Sarah

By Anita Schneider on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 5:21 pm:

Looking for English speaking person to play with our 2 years old son. He goes to daycare daily, but I think sometimes he needs to get out of there and take a walk/play outside. (The daycare doesn't provide a lot of chance to go outside).

If you live nearby (Taito-ku), please help daily. If you are a little bit far from my place, let's discuss.

By Sraboni Dutta (Sraboni) on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 10:55 am:

Hi,
I have a 4-year old son, who goes to International school here. I am looking for an English Speaking playgroup, during the Summer Vacation Time (July and August). I live in Meguro-ku. If anybody interested, please do contact me.
Regards, Sraboni

By Erika Goggins on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 6:08 am:

I'm a 26 yr old Montessori/Primary school teacher from Ireland, looking to travel to Japan (job permitting) for the months of July and August. I also have a B.A. in Music and teach the piano to children.

By Joanne Jackson on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 11:01 pm:

Audio Visual, Children Literature:
I have just published two new Children痴 Storybook CD in five languages. The picture storybooks are enjoyable to children of reading age or preschool.Those of younger years can hear and see the story being told. Each page has a print-out option and a print-out coloring book with clear text and voice. Just pop the CD into the computer and up comes the book. The children can hear the story being told in English as well as another language. Full colour illustrations. Click on mouse and pages will turn back and forth as the story is being told. The Garden Miracle comes in English-French-Spanish 1SBN 0-9731901- 2-4
English-Chinese-Japanese ISBN 0-9731901-3-2
Grasshopper Day Exclusive comes in English-French-Spanish ISBN 09731901-1-6
These wholesale for $14.US plus tax and shipping cost.
Will send flyer if interested: May view on website..
www.paperwings-designs.com
Thank you, I hope to hear from you. Author & designer
Joanne Jackson
pwings@itcanada.com
112 Haun Rd Box 1503
Crystal Beach, Ontario Canada
L0S 1B0

By Blue Sky on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 11:32 pm:

JFor any mothers and babies in the Setagaya-ku area, you may be interested to know about the mother and baby groups I hold in my home, near Sakura Shinmachi/Yoga stations. I have Little Angels playgroup for mothers and babies up to about one year old, and several music and movement groups for mothers and children together, from ages 1 to 4. Please email for further details. blue.sky@gol.com or call me on 03-3425-2534.J

By Sraboni Dutta on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 7:19 am:

Hi fam,

I saw an e-mail from you day before yesterday that you are looking for Indian playmates anywhere in Tokyo. I replied your mail, did not get any answer from your end. Today after seeing you job available mail, I don't have any doubts that we both are going thru same kind of problems. My son also will be 4 yrs old very soon, he is mainly an English speker but I am worried about his conversation part. As per his age, I think his conversational ability is quite low. From last September, I am sending him to an International School - Tokyo International School. So, he is in an 100% English speaking environment at school (9 a.m. to 3 a.m.)and at home also we mainly speak English. He is improving definitely but I feel he needs to do more. Since we are having the same kind of problem, why don't you contact me , we can talk more in detail about it. My phone no is 03-5704-8984. You can also send me an e-mail directly - sraboni_muk@hotmail.com
Regards,
Sraboni

By fam on Tuesday, March 4, 2003 - 6:17 pm:

Looking for Indian playmates for 4 year old,anywhere in Tokyo, willing to travel.
Please send me email.

Thanks

By Yumiko Ono on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 6:45 pm:

ENGLISH SPEAKING PIANO TEACHER!
Welcoming New Students in the Studio. Sign up for LESSONS NOW!

I am a 26 year old pianist, Japanese, Female. Alumni of American School in Japan, and graduate of Peabody Conservatory of Music of Johns Hopkins University. Lessons can be taught either in English or Japanese. Fluent in both.

1. I teach all levels: Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced.

2. All ages: 3yrs-Adult

3. Private lesson time (depending on level,curriculum & age) range from 30mins-45mins-1hr.

4. Home Lessons are also possible

I live on Yokohama Line: Fuchinobe Station. For more information, please contact Yumi at yumikoono@hotmail.com, or call 090-9802-0816, 042-750-4044

By huang on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 3:48 pm:

Kids' English Club
People who want to speak English,people who want to play,Let's get together!
If you can remeber your English, or you don't want to forget your English,
or you want to use your English,Saturday morning,nakameguro square,we'll get
together. Friends who want to speak English are waiting.Let's play while speaking
English!!
Time:Sat.10:30---12:00
Place:Tokyo Meguroku Nakameguro Square(http://home.catv.ne.jp/ff/crayons/map.htm)
Meguroku Nakameguro2・#124;10・#124;13
Email:huang_anny2002@yahoo.com

By sawako colbath on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 2:14 am:

I'm looking for playmates for my daughter 3yrs old(english speaker ) near chuoku, tokyo area.

sawako27jp@yahoo.co.jp

By rach on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 6:42 pm:

Hello,
I am looking for after school playmates for my English speaking 4 year old boy, near Shibuya,Shinjuku. He is a fun loving boy who would really like to have some company to play with after school.
Thanks

email rach_ji@hotmail.com

By irena on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 10:15 pm:

I am looking for a violin/ art teacher for my sister (21 ) . She does not speak Japanese.

By Rie on Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 5:49 pm:

TACHIKAWA-CHUO LINE LANGUAGE EXCHANGE (EN/JP)

I'm 30 year old Japanese woman. I've been looking for an English speaking playgroup/mate for my 1 year old boy(& me !). I moved to Tokyo(Tachikawa-Chuo Line) from Cairo 2 yrs ago. am looking forward to hearing from anyone in or near Tachikawa. i can be e mailed at hamdorera@yahoo.co.jp

By Akemi Kikuchi on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 5:58 pm:

TOKYO--Looking for English speaking playmates for my 9 months old daughter who is mixed with Japanese and Kuwaitie. Please contact me at sapheiros jp-t.ne.jp Hope to hear from you!!

By Nami O-L on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 9:59 am:

Japanese Teacher looking for Language Exchange & Playmate for 8month old daughter

English/German/Spanish/French/Chinese

Email:onoliss@hotmail.com

By fathima shumshad mohamed on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 2:14 pm:

srilankan female (22),speaks english holds a diploma in pre-school seeking part/full time work.preschool,kindergarden
daycare,baby sitting and also tutaring under 10 years contact email-ssfmrs@hotmail

By Stephanie Martin on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 12:41 am:

If you are looking for playmates, and a great place to go, I found a place which is just wonderful.

http://www.kspace.to

By irena on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 2:42 pm:

Looking for English/Chinese /German/French speaking friends/tutor for my son, 1 year old. Live close to Ueno Station.

By Dumitru Camelia on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 5:23 pm:

Romanian woman, french teacher,warmharted,serious,friendly,speaking also spanish,english,a little japanese ,could be a good french teacher for your child. I have also graduated pedagogical high school and i have many methods for playing or looking after your child.Trust me and contact me please at my email adress dccami@yahoo.com or by phone 0423334067.

By Eri Takeyama on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 2:36 pm:

TWINKLE STAR International Preschool provides a healthful, safe, and varied environments in which each child can develop physically,socially,emotionally,and in a manner most comfortable for the indivisualchild.
Enrollment in the preschool program is limited to 15 children. Parents choose whether their child(ren) attends 2,3,or5days per week;the program is from 10am to 2pm,extended day care also available. The classroom run under the experienced and qualified English speaking teachers in a ratio of 1 teacher to every 4 to5 children. For more information:E-mail to;
takeyama@dearmarks.com
OR call to Erin,03-3557-3727

By yosh on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 12:45 am:

KYOTO -- I am looking for an English speaking playgroup/mate for my 6 year old son. We moved to Kyoto from CA last year. He spoke almost no Japanese in CA, but now an expert in Kansai ben. With his dad gone to heaven, he only hears English from me. Please help to keep his other side of culture alive.

Thanks

By yuka kamino on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 11:02 pm:

Tokyo, Suginami-ku -- My name is YUKA. I'm 28yrs old and japanese female. My son is 1yrs9month old. I'd like to be friend(or english teacher)with foreigen moms.(play,home party, go to park, etc).
I'm interested in another country culture. But my english is poor. I live in suginami ward (inogasira line) in tokyo. please send me email !

By M.C.Kahraman on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 3:46 pm:

TOKYO -- If you are looking for a German, English or Turkish instructor who lives in Tokyo you have found him. My native language is German but my English and Turkish are as well as my native and I can basic Japanese. For more information, contact me: ckahraman@yahoo.com

By Christin on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 2:36 pm:

Hello, my name is christin and I am looking for a job as a nursery school teacher, pre-school teacher or playgroop-leader. I am fluent in German and English Language. I have been working as a nanny (3 children) for 4 years and I am an educated nursery school teacher (child care) and paediatric doctor assistant. I love spending time with children and I feel that they can teach me as much as I can teach them. I feel that it is important to educate children in social and creative fields.

By NAOKO OGAWA on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 10:50 am:

OSAKA -- I'm Japanese female and have 5-month old son. I've been looking for Native English speaker who has a kid and we can do something together with language exchange JP/EN. I live in Osaka city. I hope you live in around there. If you are interested, please email me.
Thank you!

By Cali on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 2:56 pm:

Saitama, ASAKA -- I am an American living in Asaka, Saitama prefecture. I am teaching private English lessons to adults and children.

If you are interested in receiving lessons for you or your children, please contact me for more information.
gregorys@bg.wakwak.com

By Hillary Michaels on Sunday, January 6, 2002 - 11:04 am:

Komae City, IZUMITAMAGAWA -- HELP!
I have a wonderful 9-year-old English speaking daughter who would like to make some English-speaking friends to hang out with and to do fun things with (Children's Castle in Tokyo). She has lots of Japanese friends in our neighborhood (she goes to the neighborhood school, but they are booked solid with juku and lessons and can't join us on our excursions. She loves Harry Potter, Brittany Spears, all the usual. She is slighty brainy but lively and well-behaved. She gets along with everyone, but after a year here still communicates mostly in English. If you have a child in the same age group that might like to meet her, please E-mail me at chinamimichaels@hotmail .com (That's MY e-mail address) Thank you!!!

By Tomomi on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 11:54 am:

Tokyo, SHINAGAWA -- Hi. I am Japanese mum married to Australian. We have 2 boys - 7yo and 4 yo who attends Japanese Education System. We have just arrived from Sydney two month ago and looking for someone who could coach our boys for the following:

1. English writing & reading, comprehension etc. (Year 2 level in Australian standard if possible)

2. Piano lesson in English (preferred)

We live about 15 minuites from JR Shinagawa station. It is OK for us to travel for lesson.

Also does anyone know the swimming school or club which has English speaking instructor?

Please contact us by e-mail eg. available time & day, location, fees etc.

Thank you.

Tomomi

By Anna Verushka Pairez on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 2:58 pm:

Tokyo, SETAGAYA -- Hi, I'm a 19 year old lady living in Setagaya area. I am a college student in Penn state. I am here in Tokyo because I decided to take a break from college work. However, I am curretly working as an assistant teacher in a small international pre-school. I am very interested in giving some private eglish lessons to students from 3.5-16 yrs. old. I am very much experienced in teaching english conversations. If you are interested, please contact me or leave a message. My number is 09067019215. I am available from 5:00 pm on weekdays and I'm free anytime on weekdays. Hope to hear from you soon!

By BARBIE on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 9:50 am:

Tokyo, AZABU -- hi, i am looking for english speaking friends (boys) for my 3yr old indian boy near azabu, to play together and somtimes do outings etc. any nationality is ok. pls call anjana at 03-3408-3802

By Steph on Saturday, November 10, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

Tokyo, ROPPONGI -- Looking for a playgroup or someone with a baby no more than 20 minutes Subway/JR from Roppongi for my daughter who is 7 months. Or if you have any information, would appreciate anything, e-mail martinsteph@hotmail.com

By Miyuki Sasaki on Sunday, September 23, 2001 - 2:39 pm:

Yokohama, KANAZAWA-KU --We are looking for some playmates for our active 3-year-old daughter, whose first language is English. We used to live in the US for about 10 years. We look forward to hearing from you.

By Eric Lichtenstein on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 10:48 pm:

Hello, I would like to work as an aupair/nanny/tutor in Japan. Here is some info about me, followed by two of my references.

I have been working with children for 8 wonderful years, and will supply the families phone numbers apon request. I've worked with children from 3 weeks to 10 years. I'm good with animals, and don't mind light house-work. I'm an excellent cook, have a perfect driving record, and can live in or out of the house.
Besides English, I speak some Spanish. I have a BA in Philosophy from the top state university in New York.
In the past, I've taught piano and tennis to children as well. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me at elichtens@yahoo.com
I can also e-mail you some photos of myself, and would like to get some of you all as well, along with information about the children's interests, salary, hours, living situation, and the area you live. I hope to hear from you soon!
Eric Lichtenstein

To the employer lucky enough to welcome Eric,
2-26-01

Eric Lichtenstein was our nanny for our two boys for seven years. Cameron was one year and eight months and Devon was three years old. He was totally responsible with our sons along with being playful and smart. They both learned an enormous amount from Eric about sharing, loving, the gift of learning and the joy of Eric eventually being truly their older brother. I would highly recommend Eric for any compacity of care involving any age group of children.
He would be a gift to them as he was to us.

Sincerely,
The Mom
Lynn Greenberg-Barker

To Whom It May Concern,
Eric Lichtenstein has been a nanny/care giver for our son, Dakota, who is now 6 1/2 years old, for 2 years. We trust Eric with the care and well being of our son implicitly. I would strongly recommend Eric for teaching and care giving to children of all ages and abilities.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Thank you,
Kristen Solomon

By Nupur on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 10:53 pm:

Okurayama -- Dear Parents in Okurayama, I am from India, I have a 8 year old daughter, who is studying in St. Maur International school. I would like to meet other families in Okurayama (Toyoko line) with children going to Yamate. It would be nice if the children could play & go to school together. Please contact me at 045 543 6550 or by e-mail.

By Penny on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 8:57 pm:

Tokyo, MEGURO -- I'm a 17yrs old girl living in Meguro and i teach English to kids:)I currently go to Seisen(12th grade) and have been in atlanta all my life until i came to japan last year!I can teach on weekdays 5pm onwards anytime..and am available almost always on weekends!The child needs to come to my house which is 5 miutes from Meguro staion!:)I currently also teach for 7 act!And I can also babysit for your child at the same time!!!I charge 2500/hr for one child.If interested please contact me at:035704 8235 or email me:angelpenny3@hotmail.com.

By Atsuko K on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 9:02 am:

I'm 27 Japanese female. I have 3 years old son and 1 year old daughter. I've been looking for Native English speaker (American or Canadian) who has a kid (around same age of my kids) and we can do something together with language exchange JP EN. (like picnic or go to zoo or home party etc,,,) I live in Hannou, Saitama. so I hope you live in around there. if you are interested, please email me.

By Haruko Saruwatari on Sunday, August 5, 2001 - 11:58 am:

Tokyo, NAKANO-KU -- Hi! I am a mother of two kids who are age 5 and 2 years-olds.
I am seeking playmates for them. We live in Nakanoku. Someone who can meet sometime to have fun both parent and kids, please contact with us.

By Chris Millerd on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 3:29 pm:

Looking for a Mandarin language Kindergarten/kids group in Tokyo close to Yamanote line for Daughter aged 4. Neither parent speaks Chinese. Would be keen to set up group though if enough interest/teacher available. Email me if you can help

By Matthew Parr on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 4:51 pm:

Wanted: Trumpet/Brass Teacher to work with small groups of International students at a school in Yokohama. The pay would be 5,000 yen per hour and the lessons would run from 3.00-6.00pm on a day of the week decided by the teachers. Classes will start in September. Please email matparr@email.com if you are interested

By Jennifer on Sunday, July 1, 2001 - 10:09 pm:

We're looking to form an English playgroup for toddlers in Fukushima City (preferably native level English with one/both parent(s) native speaker(s)). Contact us if you're interested!
Email: tjdmonma@aol.com

By Jill Smith on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 12:51 pm:

Hi, I am a 32 year old American mom with a half English, 16 month old son. We would like to meet kids around his age, for day trips around and outside of Tokyo. If you are up for swimming, parks, aquariums, please e-mail us at threesmiffs@hotmail.com

By Tracy Okuma on Monday, June 4, 2001 - 7:29 pm:

Montessori Teacher wanted!
Hi I am looking for a Montessori method , English speaking teacher for my toddler, to play and teach her for a couple of hours a week.
I am a native speaker and she is also native level.
Would ideally like in our own home but will travel, esp West Tokyo. Thanks
Please contact me by email or phone 070 5723 8330

By Kaz on Saturday, May 12, 2001 - 11:48 am:

Urayasu/Maihama area -- Hello, I am looking for playgroup (English) for my 2 year old son near Urayasu/Maihama area that allow children of Japanese parents to join. His mother speaks English and father speaks Japanese at home. We are new in Urayasu and wish to find some English speaking playmates for my son. Since both parents work during weekdays, the group that act weekend is preferred. If you have any information please send me e-mail. Any advise is also welcome.
kaziwase9@hotmail.com

By Luca on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 5:51 pm:

Circolo italiano per piccini

Stiamo organizzando un circolo per bambini dai 3 anni in poi che abbiano l'italiano come prima o seconda lingua.
L'iniziativa e' sperimentale e speriamo nella vostra adesione.

Per ulteriori informazioni, contattateci!

tel/fax 03-5680-2597

By asumimoto on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 12:55 pm:

We are looking for an English tutor for our 7-year-old son, who can either come to our house (Kunitachi) or teach at her/his home in/around Kunitachi either on late weekday afternoons or weekends. Parents studied and worked in the US and Singapore. Please contact us if you are interested.

By Jessica on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 10:21 pm:

I am looking for English speaking playmates or playgroups in Oizumigakuen or anywhere nearby for my 4 year old daughter.I also give English lessons to Japanese children from ages 5 to 13 on Tuesdays and Fridays.If you are interested to get together,pls. send e-mail.

By paola on Wednesday, March 7, 2001 - 8:29 am:

Tokyo, HIROO -- My name is Paola, we live in Hiroo. I would like to join or form an Italian-speaking playgroup for my daughter, who is 6 years old. We might meet somewhere once a week or organize outings with our children. I can also teach them some English (Italian first grade programme) if we manage to put together 5-6 kids. If you are interested, please email me at accord@ciaoweb.it or call 090. 77.09.11.16.

By Michio Suzuki on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 4:07 pm:

Kawasaki, MUSASHIKOSUGI -- I'm seeking for English teacher and/or English speaking playmates for my daughters (5y and 3y) who can come over my place. We are returnee from Singapore last October. They spoke English there but now, there's no chance to speak it. We are living in Musashikosugi, Kawasaki area, but only 15min from Shibuya (Toyoko line) or available Meguro line, Mita line, Nanbu line. Please contact me! korin1@mua.biglobe.ne.jp

By Kazuko on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 12:20 pm:

Tokyo, NAKAMEGURO/YUTENJI -- We are looking for a English speaking play group for my son, 33 months old. His father is Irish but his first language is Japanese because he goes to local nursery school. If there is any group or someone who live in Nakameguro/Yutenji area wants to meet up and spend maybe a few hours on Saturday or Sunday, please let us know!

By lisasuec on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 9:38 pm:

I am looking for a suzuki cello instructor for my 5 year old. He is a beginner but has been exposed to suzuki violin through his siblings for 3 years. Must have reasonably good English skills, and experience with younger children. Location: Setagaya-ku, Hanegi (Tokyo) e-mail me at lscirenza@aol.com

By Malgorzata Bula-Duane on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 4:40 pm:

KAMAKURA -- Hello, My husband and I are looking for a playmate or a playgroup for our 10-month old daughter in Kamakura. We have been in Japan, Tokyo, for almost a year and a half, but are new to Kamakura, so we would love to share information with other foreign parents living in the area and have our babies play together. If you have a baby of a similar age and would like to get together, I would be grateful for your response. (I speak English, Polish and some French). Thank you.

By MJM on Saturday, September 23, 2000 - 1:06 am:

NEED A TUTOR: My Japanese colleague just returned to Japan after working for 8 years in the US. His daughters, 11 and 14, are almost completely bilingual, but they need a tutor to help them maintain their writing skills and vocabulary. Main activity would be having the girls write short essays and then check them and advise in terms of grammar, style, flow, etc. The tutor would preferably be someone with an education background and some teaching experience. He would like the tutor to come his home in Yokohama. Please contact me if you are interested. Would like you to start ASAP>

By May on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 8:25 pm:

I am a Canadian teacher with a Bachelor of Education, Primary specialist. I just moved here from Canada and would like to tutor children in English. I have been teaching for several years and have tutored many students. I can come to your home in the Minato-ku area.

By Tracy Okuma on Monday, September 4, 2000 - 8:58 am:

Mitaka city -- I would like a playmate for my 17 month old daughter. We live in Mitaka, near Inokashira Park. Ideal situation is that your child is same age or older and that you are available during the weekdays, and that you live close enough by to have relaxed playtimes at each others houses, so the children can become good chums!

By Michi on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 4:11 pm:

I have a 3-year-old, bilingual son (Japanese/English.) His father(i.e. my ex-husband) was non-Japanese. I am looking for a playgroup where my son could speak English. Also, I am wondering if there is a native English speaker who could tutor him for about an hour either on Saturdays or Sundays.

I live in Higashikurume, 20 minutes away from Ikebukuro.

e-mail: michi124@hotmail.com

By Joe on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 9:01 pm:

Kawasaki, Odakyu line -- I'm an American father of a four- year-old daughter and a one and a half-year-old son. My wife is Japanese and we all speak English inside the home and Japanese when outside.

We're looking for an English playgroup along the Odakyu Line or northern Kawasaki area. If anybody has, or knows of a group in this general vacinity, please drop us a line!

By Patricia Blumberg on Monday, July 24, 2000 - 8:07 am:

Hi, we are a family living near Shinjuku stn (Sangubashi stn/Odakyu line and Hatsudai stn. /Keio Line are very close also).
we have a 4 y.o. son who speaks Spanish and Japanese. We would like to find him Spanish-speaking playmates. Our phone# is 3299-9891

By Hisae Ukitsu on Saturday, July 22, 2000 - 11:50 pm:

Hi, I am a Japanese. I have 3 years old son in October. I just came back from Chicago and I really miss the U.S. ( I have been there 7 years.) I would like to have playmate in Yokohama. I live in Ryokuen Toshi on Soutetsu-line. Please send a e-mail to me!!

By Stephanie on Saturday, July 15, 2000 - 2:51 pm:

Sagamihara -- My husband and I just moved to Japan from the United States. I have a BA in elementary education and I am interested in tutoring children in English. I have many years of teaching experience and I am willing to travel to your home, or to set up a class in my own home in Sagamihara. I love children and I'm excited to teach them! Please email me if you are interested.

By Mayumi on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 11:36 am:

We are looking for American English Teacher for 10 kids 5 years old, twice or four times a month.
Please, dance, sing and play in English with our children.
The place is 15 minutes by bus from Musashi Mizonoguchi station or Musashi Kosugi Station.
Tel: 044-799-0900

By parents in Kunitachi on Friday, June 9, 2000 - 2:21 pm:

Japanese parents, who studied and worked in US and Singapore, are looking for a North American English tutor for their 6-year-old son--at their house in Kunitachi (Chuo line) on weekday late afternoons. Time, hours and compensation can be discussed.

email: asumimoto@hotmail.com

By Kunitachi Mum on Friday, May 19, 2000 - 10:47 am:

We are looking for a tutor who can help home/after schooling our 6-year-old son. He goes to a Japanese private school. Both parents are Japanese but speak English--studied and worked in US and Singapore. If anyone is interested in home/after schooling her own children together with our son, we would welcome that opportunity, too. Any information would be appreciated.

Mom in Kunitachi
asumimoto@hotmail.com

By Caroline on Monday, April 24, 2000 - 8:56 pm:

Professional Translator and New Mom offers Language & Computer classes in exchange for help with her 5-month old baby girl. Brush up on your English or French while joining me on errands and keeping an eye on my daughter. Also, learn computer basics in exchange for minding my baby for short periods of time at my home.
Hours: Flexible
Call or fax Caroline at 0422-20-7553 or e-mail me at carolinegalan@yahoo.com

By Koalabunko on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 10:27 am:

Koala Bunko is an affiliate of International Children's Bunko Association, a voluntary organization which aims to foster international understanding in children with international experience or backgrounds through reading good books in their original language. At present about 50 IC Bunko are operating in Japan and overseas.

Koala Bunko members are elementary-school aged children who attend Japanese public schools, and who wish to retain and advance their English skills. Our members consist of returnees and native English speakers who live in the Musashino area of Tokyo.

Meetings are held on every other Wednesday, from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. at the Yon-chu Gakushu Center Building in Musashino. During the first hour, the Book & Video Lending Library is open, and tables for Book Reports, Reading Aloud, Q&A's, and Books-on-Tape are staffed by parent volunteers. After the hour, children listen to a story read by one of the native-English speaking parents. A group game played in English follows, with the last half hour reserved for snack and free play for the children, and a meeting for parents. In addition to regular meetings, special events are held throughout the year.

Membership is not restricted to those living in Musashino; there is a small monthly membership fee. Please visit our website at http://members.tripod.com/koalabunko to learn more about our activities, or contact us by e-mail:
koalabunko@mailcity.com
For more information on ICBA and the location of other Bunko in Japan, please call
03-3496-8688.

By Wada Lupe Maria on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 1:17 am:

OSAKA - NARA - Playmate wanted (English/Spanish)
Hello everybody
Im from Mexico, my husband is japanese. We have a baby, she is nine months old, my husband speaks with her in japanese, and I want to teach her spanish and english.

We live in Nara Prefecture, in Sangou Chou, close to to Ouji Chou.

If any of you can give some advice please let me know?

Thank you in advance , for any information.
Wada Lupe Maria
lupemaria-wada@pat.hi-ho.ne.jp

By Dorothy McGuire on Thursday, November 11, 1999 - 9:52 am:

URGENT

Wanted : Native French speaker who is able to help my 5 year old learn French through fun/games.

My son has just commenced at the Fench school, but speaks/ understands very little french. He is a native English speaker.

Ideally I imagine 1-1 1/2 hrs 2 times week. Location of lessons/ payment is open for negotiation.We live in the Shinagawa area, but the school is in Idabashi.

Please contact Dorothy by e-mail, or 3443-4440 before 10pm.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: